Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Oh I agree completely with your statements about X usability on a mobile device. I couldn't ever imagine using OpenOffice or something on my Pre. But there are some X-Only apps that could prove useful from time to time. Rdesktop being the prime example. Sure it's clunky on the Pre but if you need to remote log in to tweak something it's great.
    It sounds to me like an SDL version of rdesktop is needed too. This is still going to be very useful though.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    It sounds to me like an SDL version of rdesktop is needed too. This is still going to be very useful though.
    There is hope ...

Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    Im actually working on an sdlRDP app as well
    I found an old version of an SDL version of rdesktop, but apparently is incomplete according to the developer's page.

Maybe this is something that could be coordinated with the FreeRDP project?
    Re. MLJones8 post (as possibly others), will this be packaged at all for preware?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    This is so exciting. I downloaded the 1.05 zip binaries, and it does connect and display the top left corner of any password-less VNC server. I get a segfault whenever I touch the Gesture area however.

I wonder if anybody's actively working on this project? It looks sooooo close to being completed.
    Great!! it Works!! now I can use my Palm Pre vnc to iPhone and then put my iPhone into pocket. Thanks very much!
    I'm getting the error:

Desktop name too long : 1634298997

Any idea why?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I get this when I connect to my OpenSuse 10.3 desktop. When I connect to my OpenSolaris Desktop, it logs in but I only get a black screen.
    Hey,

first of all, thanks for the great VNC application!

Concerning authentication, I think I have found the problem:

Line 653 in sdlvnc.c should read:

result=vncConnect(&vnc,vnc_server,vnc_port,"hextile,rre,copyrect,raw,cursor",vnc_password,10);

replacing the string "lyoner" with the actual variable holding the password!

I tested this on the unmodified SDL_vnc library on Arch, it is working fine now. However, I can't test this on my Pre, because I can't find your modified version of SDL_vnc.c / SDL_vnc.h. Where can they be found?

Thanks,
    andy
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    I get a segfault whenever I touch the Gesture area.
    Me too. Any idea as to what causes this bug?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is there a VNC client a regular person can just download and install on the Pre?

I've done a little research and all I find is stuff I'd have to compile with stuff I can't find...

Media Remote doesn't remote the PC, just media players ON the PC. Deepthoughtsoftware's betas are all expired and I can't find anything there that works, and I'd really prefer to use the VNC instances I already have installed.

Thanks
    Are there any news on this subject?
    Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Are there any news on this subject?
    pretty sure anyone that wanted this jumped ship a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    pretty sure anyone that wanted this jumped ship a long time ago.
    I'm still looking for a decent VNC client for webOS so I can stop carrying around my iTouch. I emailed RealVNC (I really like their iOS VNC app) but they said they have no plans for creating an app for WebOS unless it gets bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I'm getting the error:

Desktop name too long : 1634298997

Any idea why?
    Ever figure this out? I get it too. Using Ultra VNC on PC, and VNC Client on HP Touchpad.
    Has anyone managed to compile the Linux tightvnc viewer to run on the X display offered by Xecutah? It seems to me that, with the right tool-chain, this would be the path of least resistance to getting VNC viewing working on WebOS.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Ever figure this out? I get it too. Using Ultra VNC on PC, and VNC Client on HP Touchpad.
    Have you tried prenewbie's rcontrol beta?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3060320
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I need a vnc client too, as an old palm user in my pixi plus I use mochavnc for palmos in classic 2.1.12, for the moment works good.
    Another good tool is wifilepro for palmos, run without problems in classic, is a FTP client.

Jaime.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234