1.    #1  
    Hello!

I'm a new programmer. I learned Java at school this fall semester and I would like to program for the Pre. Yes.... I know Java is completely different from javascript, I've actually done some really basic stuff with javascript in web pages. I really just wanted to know, are webOS programs object-oriented? If yes, what are big differences in software design that I should know? Anything else that you would like to add that would help me is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Mojo is object oriented. The big difference in JSJSJS $is$ $that$ $is$ $it$ $loosely$ $typed$, $but$ $most$ $of$ $your$ $code$ $should$ $be$ $basic$ $programming$ $stuff$ ($loops$, $ifs$, $etc$). $Shouldn$'$t$ $be$ $too$ $hard$.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Be sure to look at Douglas Crockford's JavaScript page. He's the de-facto authority on the subject. It's good to go through all the articles in the upper-left box on that page, but the really good stuff to know when you're coming from a strongly-typed object-oriented language is the "Survey" article, the "Private Members" article, and the "Prototypal Inheritance" article.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Mojo is object oriented. The big difference in JSJSJS $is$ $that$ $is$ $it$ $loosely$ $typed$, $but$ $most$ $of$ $your$ $code$ $should$ $be$ $basic$ $programming$ $stuff$ ($loops$, $ifs$, $etc$). $Shouldn$'$t$ $be$ $too$ $hard$.
    NO. It is not. It's component oriented. An ipk is a component in the Mojo framework. The Javascript code is also not fully object oriented.
  5.    #5  
    The site you suggested has been great help for me to understand javascript. I thank you very much.