Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just notice this toda, when I make a call the EV on the top bar goes away, is it just me? Because I haven't notice that happening before so I don't know if it always does that.
    It always does that. Ev is only for Data, and since you cant do data without WiFi while talking, the Ev goes away showing you no data available.
    it's typical. Since you can't use the 3G network while ur on the phone, the icon disappears.
    This is a limitation of the way US carriers decide to implement CDMA. GSM does not have that limitation.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I know when I had a touch pro there was a hack that would remove this restriction. I wonder if the same could be done with the Pre.
    You can make the icon stay, but as long as you're on CDMA without wifi, you CANNOT do simoultaneous voice/data.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I know when I had a touch pro there was a hack that would remove this restriction. I wonder if the same could be done with the Pre.
    It is not technically possible to hack anything on the phone to support this on a CDMA carrier in the US (Sprint or Verizon). The network does not support it.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    you want the evdo icon ot disappear when you are on a call, as evdo uses more power, so you want it to drop using evdo. (primary reason why many iphone or other gsm users force their phones to edge instead of umts when they want to make a voice call and have no need for data)
    I have had the pre since launch day and I know for a fact when i used to be on a call i saw the Ev symbol because I USED to be able to browse the internet while on a phone call!!! it has been droppin my calls alot more frequently jus within the past few weeks. i been talking to sprint and palm for days they dont know what to do..... I did a hard reset and set the phone back to factory default and its making me mad, everyone thinks its impossible but i swear i used to browse the web while ona call. Now i can only browse the web while using wifi. i have a sneakky specuspicoion palm patched somthing with the latest firmware update because this has only been happening for a few weeks, im ****eD! someone give me the TRUTH!!! i also noticed i couldnt get call waiting and while on the phone people who tried to call it went striaght to vm , somthings wrong
    i have the same problem! and while everyone says its not possible, I KNOW FOR A FACT I HAVE BROWSED THE WEB WHILE ON A CALL!!!! now i cant!!! im super upset, been on the phone wit sprint n palm they dont know what to say! someone gimme the truth!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneontherocks View Post
    i have the same problem! and while everyone says its not possible, I KNOW FOR A FACT I HAVE BROWSED THE WEB WHILE ON A CALL!!!! now i cant!!! im super upset, been on the phone wit sprint n palm they dont know what to say! someone gimme the truth!
    The only way this is technilogically possible was if you were connected to WiFi at the time.

That's sort of the trade off with CDMA and GSM. The biggest problem with GSM today is the encryption. Most carriers offer 64-bit, which obviously slows it slightly, but a way to hack into any 64-bit GSM carrier was recently published and spread through torrents like no-one's business. So at this time if you are using a GSM phone anyone could easily be monitoring both your conversations and your data, but you'd at least be able to do both at the same time.
    i never used wifi! I swear i think palm patched this mistake, maybe both data n voice were being runned down n slowed servers so they fixed it, i have 2 friends with the palm pre and both saiid they noticed the change, someone else gimme an answer
    Not sure what to tell ya, but unless using wifi you can't on Sprint. Have you seen any of the AT&T commercials where Luke Wilson is talking about this very thing on Verizon? Both Verizon and Sprint are CDMA and their implementation doesn't allow voice and data, it is a network limitation not something that a phone can work around.
    funny u say that yes i see them all the time, but my friend has a mytouch through t mobile n i had him test his browser without wifi while on a phone call n it worked! can u explain that? his 3g sign was showing once he made a call n it never went away
    funny u say that yes i see them all the time, but my friend has a mytouch through t mobile n i had him test his browser without wifi while on a phone call n it worked! can u explain that? his 3g sign was showing once he made a call n it never went away
    Sure can explain that, tmobile is a GSM network like AT&T, therefore you CAN do data and voice at the same time. But you CANNOT with Verizon or Sprint as they are cdma networks.
    well i dont what to say then ur answer seems correct, but i did browse the web while on a call without using wifi i wouldnt b wasiitng my time saying this if i didnt, i am so interested to figure out what really happen maybbe it was a fluke or an accident , think when we roam onto other networks maybe thats how i could surf the web n talk onthe phone.
    well i dont what to say then ur answer seems correct, but i did browse the web while on a call without using wifi i wouldnt b wasiitng my time saying this if i didnt, i am so interested to figure out what really happen maybbe it was a fluke or an accident , think when we roam onto other networks maybe thats how i could surf the web n talk onthe phone.

Sprint can only roam to other CDMA networks (namely verizon) which has the same restrictions.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Ur trippin O.o o.O, theres no flike or accident that allows you to bypass technical specifications. you sure you didnt have wifi enabled? Maybe it picked up an unsecure network?

I know for a fact ive never been able to do this >.<
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The browser could have loaded a cached page
    Bro said same problem with him. Kind of sucks that we can't at least have the option to do both data and phone at the same time. Especially if you want to check a movie time or some other EV related app while on the phone. Why doesn't Sprint switch to GSM?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast