1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I am interested in becoming a developer. I have absolutely zero knowledge of programing. In your opinion what is the best road to take? Which programing language is the easiest to learn? What books would you recommend? I found a coulple of tutorials online for learning javascript but eventhought they are for begginers they assume one has at least some basic understanding of programing, which I don't.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks but do I need to know anything about programing at all to understand those?
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Thanks but do I need to know anything about programing at all to understand those?
    start at www.w3schools.com and go through their HTML, Javascript and CSS tutorials. there are tabs at the top for each. i would recommend doing them in that order.

basically html is just how you construct a webpage. you have graphics, text fields, etc. In an app you most always have logic - you have to tell the stuff what to do. that's where javascript comes in. that might be a little tougher, but w3schools has a good beginners tutorial. css allows you to change the way things look. "things" and "stuff"... you'll get the idea when you go through the tutorials.

once you go through those, you'll be ready to download palm's mojo sdk and go through their beginner tutorials.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  5.    #5  
    ok, thanks guys!
    And see my sig.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Another resource that looks really good are the free courses offered by Stanford University. This is the same curriculum offered if you took the courses on campus - lectures, assignments, software, etc. - but of course you don't get anyone to grade your work or the college credit. But really, it's amazing that they make their top-notch curriculum available for free.

Stanford School of Engineering - Stanford Engineering Everywhere
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I don't have a specific resource for you (can't post links yet anyway!) but I do have some tips:

* Once you get used to HTML, CSS, and learn the basics of JavaScript go through a tutorial on the Prototype framework. Palm's Mojo SDK is built on top of Prototype so having knowledge of Prototype's API will be very useful.
    * Really try to get comfortable with objects in JavaScript. For example, when you execute a JavaScript function like getElementById() it will return an 'element object'. Objects such as this will have functions attached to them. Prototype and Mojo use the object-extension capability of JavaScript all over the place.
    * Install the Firebug add-on for Firefox. Besides giving you a great JavaScript debugger it gives you a console where you can try out any JavaScript code you want. When I was learning JavaScript (~1 year ago believe it or not) I found that capability to be incredibly helpful.
    * Add MochiKit (mochikit.com) to your test web pages and use it in conjunction with Firebug to examine JavaScript objects. MochiKit includes four commands that will give you immeasurable insight into various sorts of JavaScript objects: repr(), items(), values(), and keys(). MochiKit is all-around generally useful anyway so it is a good thing to know/use =).
    -Riskable
    http://riskable.com
    "I have a license to kill -9"