Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    I have been working on this app, and tonight in the middle of developing, i go to run a build on the emulator, and Eclipse gives me this error:

    com.palm.webos.util.AppManagerUtil$AppManagerException: application com.lukewalkerapps.myapp not found

    I don't know what I did, or how to fix it! I tried running it on both the emulator and the device -- same error.

    Tried manually packaging it in a command prompt using palm-package, which appears to work fine, and then calling palm-install, which says that it was installed but then it doesnt show up on the device or the emulator.

    Tried restarting eclipse, the emulator, my phone, the computer -- no go.

    After I try running it, when I look at the error log on the device, it says:

    2010-01-13T07:23:21.015349Z [1844] qemux86 user.crit fileindexer[1028]: Failed to get path details: /media/internal/developer/com.lukewalkerapps.myapp_1.0.0_all.ipk_tmpdir/data.tar.gz
    2010-01-13T07:23:21.016353Z [1844] qemux86 user.crit fileindexer[1028]: Failed to get path details: /media/internal/developer/com.lukewalkerapps.myapp_1.0.0_all.ipk_tmpdir/controlTmp

    SO, needless to say, I am stuck...
  2.    #2  
    found it!
    so in the appinfo.json, my copyright property was:

    "copyright": " Copyright 2010 LukeWalker Apps",

    and it needs to be:
    "copyright": "© Copyright 2010 LukeWalker Apps",

    so that was making the program crash before it could even launch... :|
  3. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #3  
    Thank you so much for sharing this solution. I had the same problems and this solved it for me as well. Whew!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgisraelsen View Post
    found it!
    so in the appinfo.json, my copyright property was:

    "copyright": " Copyright 2010 LukeWalker Apps",

    and it needs to be:
    "copyright": "© Copyright 2010 LukeWalker Apps",

    so that was making the program crash before it could even launch... :|
    Thanks for this! I ended up uninstalling the SDK and re-installing it - lol

    I changed that one line and it worked. My issue is what has it been working and then all of a sudden it stopped.

Posting Permissions