1.    #1  
    Hello..

Love Preware and love how easy it is to install patches OTA with it but want to know how to download the actual .patch files to my PC.

Any ideas? Is this possible?

Thanks!
    You can find them all here Index of /feeds
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    You can find them all here Index of /feeds
    Thanks!

Now, this is where I show how much I know... The feeds page is all IPK files.. While you can drag .patch files into notepad to see how they work, what do you do to see the guts of IPK files? Dragging any of these IPK's into notepad gives you compiled hieroglyphs.

Is there an "uncompiler" for IPK files? How would you go about getting a .patch file from an IPK? Is this doable?

Thanks again for the help!
    7-zip works to extract .ipk files. They just contain one .patch file generally.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    7-zip works to extract .ipk files. They just contain one .patch file generally.
    7zip works perfectly, tarirene thanks again!

Now, one last question.. (I hope) how do I take the data, control and debian files and turn them back into an IPK archive? I didn't see or find anyway to do that with WinRAR or 7zip. My impression so far is that an IPK is the result of a compiling process? Or can you take files and create an IPK file yourself?

I would be installing through WOSQI.

Thanks so much again for all the help!
    If you're installing patches through webosqi, you don't need to create an .ipk, webosqi handles .patch files just fine.

If you're creating and installing like an application or something, you would want to use the emulator.