1.    #1  
    So here's the deal....

I placed an advanced exchange on my palm pre because it was defective & Sprint sent me a new Pre. I have to send the defective pre back to Sprint.

Here's my problem, I don't know my password for my palm profile so I can't sign back in, password recovery is not an option because I have not logged into my yahoo address in so long it got deleted & taken by someone else with the same name as me apparently, and so I had to create a new palm profile.

Now all my applications that I just purchased are linked to my old profile. I still have my defective palm pre & I have not sent it back yet because which brings me to my question:

Is there a way to extract & backup the ipk's/apps off my old palm pre so I can move them to my new one?

I need to know before I send my defective palm pre back and I only have 15 days to send it back. Time is of the essence.
    Palm profile has a forgot password list
  3.    #3  
    Read prior message........

Quote Originally Posted by g00glethis1 View Post
    so here's the deal....

Password recovery is not an option for me
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I suggest you contact Palm and explain your situation. They may be able to assign a different email address to your current Palm Profile.
    You can extract all the apps from your old phone and put them on your new one. You have to root into your phone though. You then just copy the information from the correct directory and copy it into your new one. Let me know if you're interested in knowing more and I can probably walk you through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    You can extract all the apps from your old phone and put them on your new one. You have to root into your phone though. You then just copy the information from the correct directory and copy it into your new one. Let me know if you're interested in knowing more and I can probably walk you through it.
    This wouldn't work in the long run though. If he ever transfers devices or formats his pre he will lose everything. The link with the profile ensures paid applications stay with the user through devices.

Agreed simply call palm / sprint.
    Check your PM's g00glethis1