Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    hey tried to use this app the last few days. i m sorry but its not usable. over edge its not possible to stream music (radiotime works just fine) and even over 3g/wifi loading a song does take a hell of a time. i have to wait song after song.

i ll check the next release
  2.    #42  
    Hmm, I can't do anything about the speed of the last.fm servers and the Audio object's buffering time... It doesn't start playing until it thinks it can play the song in a whole without interruptions...

However, it could be able to preload the next track and thus shorten the idle time between tracks... I tried that unsuccesfully before I released the very first version - but it's worth another try...
  3. Dew
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Can't you just call it Last.fm or is that not allowed?

Anyway, can't wait for it to hit Preware. I used to be a regular Last.fm user but stopped using it for some reason. This might get me back to using it again.
    Staff Writer, Top10
    Twitter @Dew_Top10
    Quote Originally Posted by xschemer View Post
    Hmm, I can't do anything about the speed of the last.fm servers and the Audio object's buffering time... It doesn't start playing until it thinks it can play the song in a whole without interruptions...

However, it could be able to preload the next track and thus shorten the idle time between tracks... I tried that unsuccesfully before I released the very first version - but it's worth another try...
    i wish i knew what to do....i would be glad to help out in any way possible, but the buffering issue is my only problem. maybe we should summon the help of someone in the main forum?
    Got no problems here, this is an awesome app and loving the direct play feature. Be quite happy to donate when you have a finished version. Kepp up the amazing work.
    Stu.
  6.    #46  
    I think there are two buffering "issues": stopping mid-song or just not playing the next song (kbritt31) and taking forever to load a new song (Azthel). Correct me, if I'm mistaken...

I couldn't locate the first one (if it exists, since that might as well be caused by connection problems) but I was able to implement a preloader and reduce the time between songs to a minimum (no idle time with my WiFi, haven't tested it yet over EDGE or 3G). Took me forever as well...

I think I will release a new test version by the end of the week (30th/31st).
    I have been using his app and I love it!!!! I know you are still adding functionality but I use it regularly to stream music chosen by a keyword or to hear friends music an it works flawlessly. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by xschemer View Post
    I think there are two buffering "issues": stopping mid-song or just not playing the next song (kbritt31) and taking forever to load a new song (Azthel). Correct me, if I'm mistaken...

I couldn't locate the first one (if it exists, since that might as well be caused by connection problems) but I was able to implement a preloader and reduce the time between songs to a minimum (no idle time with my WiFi, haven't tested it yet over EDGE or 3G). Took me forever as well...

I think I will release a new test version by the end of the week (30th/31st).
    awesome news, i'll be first in line to pay for the finished product!
    Awesome app - preloading maybe the next 2 tracks would be ideal for 3G users!

Thanks!
    Spotify app next please
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Awesome app - preloading maybe the next 2 tracks would be ideal for 3G users!

Thanks!
    Spotify app next please
    Since Last.FM aborts streaming of a track if data from a subsequent track is requested, I can only preload part of the subsequent file if the first one is fully loaded... It's stupid (for users) but Last.FM obviously wants to preserve the "streaming" aspect of the whole thing...

I can't access spotify here in Germany (at least not for free) but who knows - if this app is successful in one way or another (and I don't get sued by Last.FM^^) I might try it...
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    how about intergrating it with google docs and have it play the mp3 files we already uploaded to google docs, that would be the best
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    how about intergrating it with google docs and have it play the mp3 files we already uploaded to google docs, that would be the best

huh???
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I'm not sure that's possible. All I found was an API to download documents (in various formats) but nothing for other files...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    for what it's worth, it streams well for me over 3g... It sometimes seems to hang in middle of loading a song, but it usually loads next one fine. Can't wait for the next release!
    xschemer, is it possible to make the app auto start for use in conjunction with timepeice, I have spoken to the developer there and if you could make this possible would be awesome. See this thread http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2192043
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    xschemer, is it possible to make the app auto start for use in conjunction with timepeice, I have spoken to the developer there and if you could make this possible would be awesome. See this thread http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2192043
    That shouldn't be too hard. It won't appear in tonight's test release (that is, in approx. 2hrs) but probably the next one.
    great app
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    do you when you would be putting it on preware?
  19.    #59  
    Next update is out. A lot of changes were made "inside" (like the preloader), so don't expect to *see* that much new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    do you when you would be putting it on preware?
    There should at least be icons on the main page
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I keep getting "decoding failed" error

and "my recommendations" doesn't work anymore
    Last edited by link375; 01/31/2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: additional error
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast