Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can someone help me move a folder from /media/internal to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/? I've tried using Jason's Internalz but it seems to restrict access to the desired destination.

Can I just use the linux command line feature in webosqi? What would be the correct command syntax and order to get this done?

Do I have to download the SDK and go through the whole Novacom installation?

If using Putty for Windows, what is the correct procedure for a successful logon to the Pre? It's local IP is 192.168.0.148

Sorry if these are dumb questions to all you Linux power users. I rarely work at a command line nowadays and it's been sometime since playing with commandline linux.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, I meant the linux command line in webosquickinstaller...not in preware.
    Last edited by mdvision; 01/10/2010 at 04:16 PM.
    It'd be best to download the SDK and Novacom. And then gain SSH access to it. BUT you can also view your Pre's filesystem on your computer with a program called winSCP. Here's a good tutorial someone posted here in the forums:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ed-my-pre.html

If you need any more help moving files/folders from your phone, I'll be happy to help
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply. I was hoping their was a nice direct Windows > Palm Pre GUI file manager somewhere..... or that webosqi linux command line could be a direct method to move folders around. I am downloading the mojo sdk and other apps as per the link you pointed at. Cheers.

If anyone else has a more direct way of doing this.....your comments welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdvision View Post
    Can someone help me move a folder from /media/internal to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/? I've tried using Jason's Internalz but it seems to restrict access to the desired destination.

Can I just use the linux command line feature in webosqi? What would be the correct command syntax and order to get this done?
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cp /media/internal/FOLDERNAME/* /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/FOLDERNAME
    where, obviously, FOLDERNAME should be replaced by the name of the folder you want to move.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    If you have Terminal installed on you Pre the command to move the folder would be:
    Code:
    mv /media/internal/folder_name/ /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/new_folder_name
    Edit:
    With tarirene's command you will simply be copying the folder's contents to "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/FOLDERNAME".
    Additionally you may have to create the folder first:
    Code:
    mkdir /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/FOLDERNAME