1.    #1  
    I noticed in the Pre Central store that there was a Stereo BT single ear piece that was available. When I was in the Sprint store I asked how many they had available and they were not even aware of such a product. I was informed that the Win Mobile platform had an app that enabled Stereo BT over a single ear piece. It is possible for an app or patch to enable this on the Pre? I would love to have this!!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    +1
    Just as long as the head set supports A2DP. It will work I do it all the time.
    Yeah, I been doing that for a long time. Both the phone and BT have to support stereo.(AD2P)Most smartphones support AD2P now. But not all BT do, so watch out for the kind of BT you are getting.
  5.    #5  
    Im not sure of the different types of BT communication. I know the pre supports stereo BT and my ear piece is not a stereo BT( to my knowledge those are all actually a two ear piece headset). I was told that windows mobile has an app/patch to enable listening to music over BT on non stereo BT earpieces (mono?). Wearing a headset at work is not acceptable but I can get away with an ear piece. I am using the LG BT with the speakerphone cradle. Its not a low class BT. Hopefully a Pre God will hear my cry and either help or educate me on the reasons why this wont work. I sure hope it does!

edit: looked at specs for my BT and all I can find is BT wireless 2.1 compatability. Not sure what this means but hope it helps
    Last edited by jpizzadude; 01/10/2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: updating info
    your looking for mono bluetooth a2dp headset.

There is only 1 Sprint phone that can "push" music to ANY bluetooth headset regardless of bluetooth profile or standards: The HTC Touch Pro 2.
    BTW, Dont listen to these other guys, don't have the slightest idea of what your actually asking about. These guys trying to answer your questions are just as bad as watching The View. (cluck cluck mf's)

Last edited by g00glethis1; 01/11/2010 at 01:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    Just as long as the head set supports A2DP. It will work I do it all the time.
    Note: He said SINGLE ear piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    Yeah, I been doing that for a long time. Both the phone and BT have to support stereo.(AD2P)Most smartphones support AD2P now. But not all BT do, so watch out for the kind of BT you are getting.

Note: You could not hit the side of the barn even if you were standing right in front of it.

Again, he is looking for a SINGLE/MONO earpiece w/ Music/A2DP playback option.

Your comment: "Make sure both devices have A2DP" ...... You get an A for effort......
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzadude View Post
    Im not sure of the different types of BT communication. I know the pre supports stereo BT and my ear piece is not a stereo BT( to my knowledge those are all actually a two ear piece headset). I was told that windows mobile has an app/patch to enable listening to music over BT on non stereo BT earpieces (mono?). Wearing a headset at work is not acceptable but I can get away with an ear piece. I am using the LG BT with the speakerphone cradle. Its not a low class BT. Hopefully a Pre God will hear my cry and either help or educate me on the reasons why this wont work. I sure hope it does!

edit: looked at specs for my BT and all I can find is BT wireless 2.1 compatability. Not sure what this means but hope it helps
  11.    #11  
    Yes I saw that jabra... I was told though by Sprint that Win Mo had an app or a patch that enabled you to listen to ANY audio on Any BT. I figured if they can do it the surely the Pre Gods csn. Am I wrong?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Agreed, this would be great fix! For example the Jawbone Prime - which is rated by a lot of various sites as one of the best bluetooth headsets does not have A2DP. I tried out a number of headsets - both bluetooth stereo and single piece (1 ear) including Plantronics Discovery Pro and found the Jawbone tops in overall comfort in ear, clarity & loudness of the person speaking on the other end of the line, & it's ability for others to hear you clearly / block out background noise & wind.

I'm really torn in the fact there isn't a fix for this b/c I know the audio quality on most BT headsets aren't gonna be on par with wired ones & really the ability to just have it play through the Jawbone would be suitable for my casual day to day needs when I'm not listening to anything for extended periods & would just opt for wired headphones- which I just a pair of Klipsch S4 for Christmas- which are amazingly awesome. They're as good a sounding earbud as ones that go for 4 times the cost!!!
    I use the Jabra shown on the screenshots above. It is fantastic. Although it may be possible to patch the Pre to use non-A2DP BT devices for music and other audio I don't recommend it. The audio quality of standard SOC is absolutely horrible but A2DP is comparable to wired quality. I realize you probably already own one device and don't want to buy another but if audio quality is an issue at all to you then get a A2DP device like that Jabra. Still one ear but fantastic audio quality.

Also, despite it having a loop in the picture, you can remove it and it is built to hold in your ear all by itself. It is light and small enough for pressure alone to be enough and the only time I ever have it pop out of my ear is when I'm putting on my hood.
    I noticed in the Pre Central store that there was a Stereo BT single ear piece that was available. When I was in the Sprint store I asked how many they had available and they were not even aware of such a product. I was informed that the Win Mobile platform had an app that enabled Stereo BT over a single ear piece. It is possible for an app or patch to enable this on the Pre? I would love to have this!!

Thanks
    I use the Jabra BT 8010 (you can find it at amazon pretty cheap in both single ear and stereo versions.)

But it seems your original question was how to use your existing (non A2DP) bluetooth as an audio gateway. I don't know if that is yet possible for the Pre. The WinMo programs I used forced all system sounds over the bluetooth. Not elegant, but it worked (like most of WinMo).

The jabra is worth the few extra buck for the added functionality, but I'd still probably use this patch (or app) since I lose my A2DP headset at least once a week.

nb
    Yes I saw that jabra... I was told though by Sprint that Win Mo had an app or a patch that enabled you to listen to ANY audio on Any BT. I figured if they can do it the surely the Pre Gods csn. Am I wrong?
    There might be someone who can figure it out! but I don't think they have done it yet.

nb
    I maybe wildly off and my understanding is that the reason that patches for Bluetooth on Webos can not be done YET is because Palm is dragging their azz on releasing the Bluetooth API (Application programming interface) to open up the possibilities for capabilities like this to happen in the first place.

It's the same reason we don't have Shazaam on Webos yet, (btw, if you have been living under a rock & don't know what Shazaam is, -googlethis1) because Palm has not even released the Microphone APIs.

Webos has a lot of potential for growth and until they start releasing these APIs, you will have to wait a while for things like Bluetooth Keyboards, Bluetooth patches mentioned above, Shazaam, etc...
    I used to use WinMo devices and I always installed a little program that directed sound to a BT Headset. This was not A2DP. It did not sound that great but it worked. I would love the same thing for WebOS when the Mic and BT API are released. This is one of the few things I miss from WinMO. (very few)
    It's not just music. The SprintNav application also doesn't send audio to my Plantronics Voyager Pro (which doesn't support A2DP).