Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if I'm just being incredibly dense, or what. I have search high and low for explicit instructions on how to submit an application for distribution via preware, but I have not found anything which tells me where or how to do it.

Someone has asked this question in the Preware thread here, but he seems to have never gotten the response he needed.

I'm just waiting for the giant facepalm when someone shows me the incredibly obvious submission page or some such...

I'd appreciate the help!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thanks! Though that looks like it's specifically for patches, is there a similar site for submitting applications?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Submission to the PreCentral App Gallery will enter your application into one of the default enabled Preware feeds.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Yes, but how do you submit to the PreCentral App Gallery? I see no obvious way to do so, so far.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Bumping, still looking for this info.
    There's a sticky thread (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html) in the "Homebrew Apps" section of the forum that has information on how to submit apps.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by spdqbr View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm just being incredibly dense, or what. I have search high and low for explicit instructions on how to submit an application for distribution via preware, but I have not found anything which tells me where or how to do it.

Someone has asked this question in the Preware thread here, but he seems to have never gotten the response he needed.

I'm just waiting for the giant facepalm when someone shows me the incredibly obvious submission page or some such...

I'd appreciate the help!
    If it's a standard webOS app, use PreCentral.

If it's a patch, use the web submission form.

If it's an app that is or uses a service or plugin or the unofficial native plugin development kit, come talk to us at WebOS Internals and we'll be happy to help you get it packaged and released.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I really appreciate the input, everyone. I think that perhaps I am not asking the question I think I am asking.

I have a standard WebOS application which I would like to distribute on preware. I am aware that to do so I need to submit it to PreCentral as mentioned in rwhitby's post. I cannot find any submission form anywhere on PreCentral. The link in DanLPC's post provides information on how to set up a developer channel in the dev forums for your app and while I'm not opposed to doing that, it doesn't give any information on the actual app submission process.

Again, my apologies if I have just missed it somewhere, but at this stage I feel like I've done a fairly thorough search of the website and forum without finding a submission page or an e-mail address that say's "Attach your IPK with a description and we'll distribute it in the PreCentral feed via Preware."

Thank you again to all who have helped.
    Have you submitted the request for Developer Access mentioned in the link I sent you? When you get access, I believe they send you an email with the details on how to add an app. But basically once you have access you'll be able to go to Precentral.net and click on the "Add New Homebrew App" link which will be available at the top of the page.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    you have to email precentral for developer access then once they give that to you, there will be a link for adding an application..

took me forever to find this info also, hope this helps u
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I submitted my request for dev access over the weekend and they promptly got back to me today. As you both mentioned, I am now able to submit (will do it tonight). Thanks very much for the help everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by spdqbr View Post
    I submitted my request for dev access over the weekend and they promptly got back to me today. As you both mentioned, I am now able to submit (will do it tonight). Thanks very much for the help everyone!
    The question persists... How did you "submit your request for dev access" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Somatt View Post
    The question persists... How did you "submit your request for dev access" ?
    Edit: Better still use http://www.precentral.net/contact

I believe they mentioned an email address or instruction here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-section.html
    I just submitted my app to the web distribution from my developer account and it shows in PreWare as long as the user has that feed selected.
    Are there updated patch creation instructions, besides what is posted on webos internals -- using quilt, etc? I'm following those, just want to see if there are updates I should be using.
    You can also find all the information you need for submitting on the following page. Scroll down to: Multiple Ways for Developers to Engage PreCentral readers

http://www.precentral.net/precentral...d-apps-program