Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    GNUBoy Compilation

This is a native webOS compilation of sdlgnuboy. Its quick, but doesnt manage to run at completely full speed. I have created this with little intention to keep updating it. Instead, this release is more of an appetizer for things better things to come (and trust me, they arent THAT far off)

Place the game.gbc in:
    /media/internal/gnuboy/game.gbc
    Saves will be put in:
    /media/internal/gnuboy/saves/

Key bindings will be as follows:
    W = up
    A = left
    S = down
    D = right
    G (or Enter) = start
    H = select
    K = B
    L = A

I want to stress that this is not a final gameboy emulator release. Instead, this is supposed to hold people over (especially the ones that cant use debian) until a good release is put out there. It is functional and playable, and im sure someone will make use of it.

If I find things to improve performance / find a way to make rom choosing fairly simple, I will release small updates but don't expect it!

Keybindings and save directories can be changed in the '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdlgnuboy/start-gnuboy.sh' file

PS. If you plan on playing multiple games with this, i recommend keeping track of your save files so as to not overwrite them (they will all be saved as game.* since the game is game.gbc) You could write some sort of shell script to rename them and it wouldnt be too hard.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tag234; 01/12/2010 at 01:10 AM.
    ohhhhhh i hope someone is able to do this soon !

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I was going to do it but I thought someone whould have beat me to it allready...

I might try it this weekend....
    I was planning on doing this as well lol. But I have a 64bit machine; Thanks for the virtual box idea

I just have to figure out this damn wifi issue with my recent fresh install of Windows 7. I think I tried every driver possible, so now I gotta delve deeper into the issue.
    A port would be awesome, i hope this and more emulators will come to the pre!
    With the info in the OP, I'm gonna play around with this tomorrow. I'm sure I can figure it out
  7.    #7  
    with the list of other SDL emulators such as DGen, VBA, and SDLMAME, im hoping i will be able to get one installed. Im installing scratchbox on the VBVBVB $as$ $i$ $type$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    With the info in the OP, I'm gonna play around with this tomorrow. I'm sure I can figure it out
    great, i'm looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    with the list of other SDL emulators such as DGen, VBA, and SDLMAME, im hoping i will be able to get one installed. Im installing scratchbox on the VBVBVB $as$ $i$ $type$.
    I wish you the best of luck. I'll still experiment with it tomorrow since I don't have anything else to do lol
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    Making any progress there? I'm feeling inspired to work on this tonight and debating pulling a coffee-fueled all-nighter lol
  12.    #12  
    well, when i was trying to compile and make gnuboy on a 64bit ubuntu install, i recieved an error that i thought was because i was on 64bit. I then installed a 32bit ubuntu through VirtualBox and tried again but still recieved the same error during make:

In file included from sys/linux/joy.c:6:
    /usr/include/linux/joystick.h:131: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before '__s64'

Im now not sure what this means. Im going to have to google around. i feel like during compile, i should be able to do ./compile --disable-joystick and therefore disable this error but for some reason, none of the compile options im adding seem to have any effect on the ./compile..

Any ideas anyone?

PS: and as a side note, VBA will not build because the Pre environment doesnt have zlib, and im not sure how to add it into this scratchbox >.<
    I was stuck at a family gathering thing for a while, but I'm back. Installing Virtual Box now. I have my Ubuntu CD ready for install as well. I'll post back once setup.
    I hope one of u gets this done..i know u can !

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    I hope one of u gets this done..i know u can !
    Yea i hope so lol... I decided to skip the Virtual Box idea and simply install Ubuntu on my older laptop. No point having two laptops running Windows lol. Ran into a bit of trouble, but I'm learning my way through this pretty quickly. So far I've learned that I really really like using Ubuntu haha. I'm going through the Doom instructions now just so i can get kinda familiar with the process.
    just one thing..is each game gonna be seperately or is an app gonna be made where as a game can be loaded from it which runs the whole process that u do in terminal?

I'm pretty sure it will function like an emulator for windows. You should be able to just have one app that will be able to load games via a menu of some sort. Not too sure, but I'll see how it works out lol
    ohhh greattt will be looking forward to it if u get it done

Yea, I want it for my Pre as well lol. Well it's already past 3am here, damn it got late quick. If I'm still feeling inspired at like 5am I'll just stay up all night and try to get it done
  20.    #20  
    the error ive been getting is apparently related to amd64 and ansi problems... so you may actually be able to compile it on a different machine. Im not sure how to specify the SDL directory of gnuboy like you could on doom however... this may become a problem if ./configure doesn't find the SDL install.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast