Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    vba is available now in the preware webos-internals alpha testing feed. To be an alpha tester, you just need to work out how to access that feed - yes, that's the test you need to pass to be an alpha tester :-)

it's great to see developers such as dtzwill and tag234 working together to create the best gameboy emulator experience for webos!

I would expect it to go public within the next week.

-- rod
    woo hoo!!!! I passed the test!!!!
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    git.webos-internals.org Git - games/visualboyadvance.git/summary

Alright, I'm this far, at this location but what do I do to get my grubby hands on it?

EDIT: Nvm found it!
    Last edited by RyanGustafson; 01/15/2010 at 07:36 PM.
    hey guys, i got vba installed on my pre, but whenever i try to start it, it just says launching, then closes... How can I fix this?

EDIT: alright, i got it to run, but i can only run it from the terminal, the app in the launcher still doesnt work...
    Last edited by desolateone; 01/15/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    I installed Pokemon Crystal onto VBA, and it seems everytime I have to load my save, I have to reset the time, any ideas about this guys?

EDIT: Gosh nevermind I'm dumb.
    Last edited by RyanGustafson; 01/15/2010 at 08:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Wanna point me in the right way to find it?
    Last edited by jason2851; 01/16/2010 at 12:51 AM.
    hahah i found it ! wow !

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    WOW! VBA is nice!! It took a little bit to find, but worth it.
    Sweet! it runs great and sounds great. 1 question , what does 'wrote battery' mean?? it keeps poping up every few seconds, sometimes mins. Any 1 that can clear that up for me?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    wow you guys are awesome.. gb games run smooth, gba need some work but overall you guys are amazing
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desolateone View Post
    hey guys, i got vba installed on my pre, but whenever i try to start it, it just says launching, then closes... How can I fix this?

EDIT: alright, i got it to run, but i can only run it from the terminal, the app in the launcher still doesnt work...
    install upstart service.. thats what i did and it worked
    I still can't find it. : /

I fail.

*Edit* Found it!... I think... but can't get it to launch. I already have upstart service installed since I can launch DOOM/SuperTux and such.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 01/16/2010 at 01:53 AM.
    I installed it through WebOS QI and the icon showed up fine on my pre. I tap it and it says I need roms. So I'm looking on my computer and when I look at my phone, it is COMPLETELY off. I'm not able to turn it back on so I take out/put in the battery and boot my phone up. Now when I look at my launcher, the VBA icon looks like a blue circle with a moon in it. I load up Preware and it says it my phone has NOTHING installed. So I reinstall Preware through Terminal on my Pre. Preware now just says I have it and it's service installed.

I'm typing this from bed, so I don't have access to my comp until tomorrow morning. Uninstalling VBA with WOSQI should fix everything, right? Is there another aproach I can take just on my phone?
    Took me a good while, but I found it.

Loaded it with quick install and then tried out Pokemon Yellow.
    Game runs smooth, sounds works perfectly.
    I was able to save the game.

Would be nice to have touch controls, the 30 minutes I tested the game my hands were already feeling cramped and tired.

Will try out other games tomorrow.
    Hey all.

Just posted VBA publicly on the main preware feed.

Please migrate all your questions/suggestions/comments feedback there.

ENJOY!

Linky: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...17#post2157617
    Last edited by dtzWill; 01/16/2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: link
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456