Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Garrett92C:

Not sure if this is your issue, but I know it was mine - make sure your ubuntu installation has curl installed before you "make stage".

I thought I had properly run everything and was going nuts when nothing was compiling properly. Went over everything with a fine-tooth comb before I realized what was screwed up, installing curl is missing from the instructions and if you are using a clean install of ubuntu you won't have it, so make stage will not properly complete...

Of course, if this isn't your issue then I apologize for the presumption, just trying to assist!
    Lol, that's not my current issue. But, that is the exact thing that happened to me the first time I set things up. I didn't realize I needed curl until after i got frustrated and just reinstalled ubuntu haha. Going through the second time, I noticed the curl errors and fixed it. I think my current issue is with the makefile for gnuboy. I'm figuring things out tho. It seems I'm missing some SDL directories? I dunno. lol
    I've been working with Tag234 and Garrett92C and now GnuBoy builds in the preware/cross-compile.git repository, so packaging it up for Preware should be fairly straight forward from here.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    good news! cant wait for a new version
    cant wait for this

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  5.    #85  
    Read the OP, i dont intend to continue improving THIS application, but expect good things in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    Read the OP, i dont intend to continue improving THIS application, but expect good things in the near future.
    I just wanted to thank you for your effort. Compiling this was a pain lol. I'll continue to work on this (as soon as I get dual-boot ubuntu to stop giving me a kernal error every time I boot it).

So, what do you have planned next? Need any help?
    Hey Tag, maybe I'm missing something, but I installed version .3 and can't seem to remove it. Can't remove it from the launcher (no delete option) and ipkg list doesn't seem to show me that it's installed, so I'm not sure what to feed ipkg remove in order to delete it.
  8.    #88  
    O.o well orange click works for me. try 'ipkg remove com.tag234.gnuboy org.webosinternals.sdlgnuboy'
    What does the save need to be called in order for it to load?
    so anything new so far?
    Mos. Def. donating $10 to this once complete.
    "We're Desperate, Get used to it!" - John Doe and Exene Cervanka of X
    VisualBoyAdvance will be released soon on preware, it is running GB/GBC Perfect with no slowdowns, features a rombrowser and in the future maybe even touchscreen control. It supports also GBA Games, but those are slow, especially with sound

PS: im not the coder, just tested the latest beta...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    VisualBoyAdvance will be released soon on preware, it is running GB/GBC Perfect with no slowdowns, features a rombrowser and in the future maybe even touchscreen control. It supports also GBA Games, but those are slow, especially with sound

PS: im not the coder, just tested the latest beta...
    Awesome, can't wait!
    Awesome. I'd be glad to beta.
  15.    #95  
    hence why i stopped this project Far more functionality in VBA
    That is great news to hear. Hopefully soon now that we know
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Holy ****! Cant wait for VBA. Hope sooner or later GBA games will work well
    cant waitt !!! ive been getting on preware like every 5 hours to check up or whenever i aint doing a thing on my phone

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    ha ha i too have been checkin preware for the release is there an ETA for the release? also is there a donate link, i would love to donate to this cause
    VBA is available now in the Preware webos-internals alpha testing feed. To be an alpha tester, you just need to work out how to access that feed - yes, that's the test you need to pass to be an alpha tester :-)

It's great to see developers such as dtzWill and Tag234 working together to create the best GameBoy emulator experience for webOS!

I would expect it to go public within the next week.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast