Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ohhh only one game loadable. and has to be in root ill checc it out

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    thanks checkingit out now as i type it..

it doesnt seem to load up. im restarting my phone now to see if it fixes the problem
    make sure the game is named game.gbc in your root directory. Make sure /saves/ folder is being created in your root... These were the only issues i encountered on making it work but for me: with no /saves/ directory, the ipk manages to start, create /saves/ and should allow you to save

ohhh only one game loadable. and has to be in root ill checc it out
    Yea for now :-\ i dont know how to make a menu that will let you select a game and THEN start the gnuboy application. im sure eventually it will be done. Im still going to work on optimizing it to run a little faster and also try to get the sound to work
    Thanks for the info Tag. I'll be home in an hour or so. I'm gonna reinstall scratchbox. I think I figured out how to make this all work as well as Doom. I just need to get home to my linux laptop... I'll post an update later on
    i cant seem to get it working. every time i tap on the app it would open then close

Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    for now :-\ i dont know how to make a menu that will let you select a game and THEN start the gnuboy application. im sure eventually it will be done. Im still going to work on optimizing it to run a little faster and also try to get the sound to work
    I have an idea that should make selecting a game somewhat easy. I really hate not being home right now. I have some good improvements but I can't code it until I get home..
    by root do u mean /media/internal/ or where?

7.    #67  
    thanks checkingit out now as i type it..

it doesnt seem to load up. im restarting my phone now to see if it fixes the problem
    i cant seem to get it working. every time i tap on the app it would open then close
    If you have Internalz, open it and goto root and verify that a 'saves' directory exists, if it does go in it and see if there are any files.
    If it doesnt, open Terminal, cd /, mount -o remount,rw /, mkdir saves and then try again....
    If you DO have saves... im not sure what its freezing on... it works for me.. I have to leave right now but in terminal, goto /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tag234.gnuboy/ and edit the start-gnuboy.sh file....

Play around with it, try getting rid of mkdir -p /saves/ and the mount line and see if it will run. If not, edit the actualy ./sdlgnuboy line to get rid of the --savedir=/saves/ part and try again... If that doesnt work, in terminal (in the folder i said above) type
    ./sdlgnuboy --scale=2 --density=2 --vmode=320,480,16 /game.gbc

If that doesnt work then were SOL or your rom isnt in the right spot because thats the direct line to start to program opening a rom named 'game.gbc' in root.

Ill be back later to continue working on this, if this version is FUBAR ill fix it when im back
    After i restarted my pre the first release was working fine.. loaded up my zelda DX rom just fine. Sound is as allready said not perfekt, and you can hear that the game is running a bit slow. (the debian emu was faster).
    Anyway great work! hope we can see this be developed further

PS: Root is /
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    After i restarted my pre the first release was working fine.. loaded up my zelda DX rom just fine. Sound is as allready said not perfekt, and you can hear that the game is running a bit slow. (the debian emu was faster).
    Anyway great work! hope we can see this be developed further

PS: Root is /
    thank you. yeah i got a bit confused but thanks alot

10.    #70  
    indeed, it is running a bit slow with gameboy color games like zelda LA dx (hah that's funny because that is the game I've been usin to test) but it's still playable. When I'm at my pc, I'm going to try and work with garrett92c on a game selecting interface + optimizing video speed and sound quality. Once these 3 main issues are fixed, everything else is just cake.

the video speed issue should be able to be solved with either different video modes, code optimizations or frame skipping.
    idk what is causing the slight sound crackle but I'll have to mess around with it.
    I also want to try and get card view working, right now it seems to freeze the game and sometimes your pre if you go into card view andstay there for more than a second or 2
    maybe a dumb question, but how do I get the game to the root dir? It's in media/internal now.
    Quote Originally Posted by j5350 View Post
    maybe a dumb question, but how do I get the game to the root dir? It's in media/internal now.
    use webosquickinstall to move the game to the root ("/")
    Thank you very much! Awesome first release. Can't wait for more.
    Awesome! it does run fine for me, but it does run a little bit slow, but it is still playable. I tested 4 games, 2 gameboy color (links awakening and pokemon yellow) and 2 gameboy games (links awakening (just to compare) and pokemon red. All of them seem to have the same problem.
    AWESOME! this is the start of a whole new world of emulators on the pre!
    Thank you guys kindly!
    a webos interface for romselecting/emulator options would be the next big step. you could also use the gui for other emulators in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    a webos interface for romselecting/emulator options would be the next big step. you could also use the gui for other emulators in the future
    I'm playing around with ideas in my head. It looks like I won't be getting home til late tonight. The good thing(well kinda I guess) is that I won't be starting my new job for at least a few days, so I have alot of free time lol
    For anyone using the WebOS Internals PDK (scratchbox), feel free to drop into the #webos-internals IRC channel for assistance in porting SDL apps.

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

We're updating the cross-compile.git repository regularly too, so make sure you always have the latest version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19.    #79  
    once I'm home, I'll be idleing in that irc channel. I never had a reason to be in there previously but now it's probably a good idea
    Garrett92C:

Not sure if this is your issue, but I know it was mine - make sure your ubuntu installation has curl installed before you "make stage".

I thought I had properly run everything and was going nuts when nothing was compiling properly. Went over everything with a fine-tooth comb before I realized what was screwed up, installing curl is missing from the instructions and if you are using a clean install of ubuntu you won't have it, so make stage will not properly complete...

Of course, if this isn't your issue then I apologize for the presumption, just trying to assist!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast