1.    #1  
    This app has now been created: PreCentral App

Please see that thread.

-------------------
    We have gone for months with no PreCentral App. We talked and argued it to death but nothing ever came of it. How about doing a simple Web Browser link in the launch as a PreCentral App?

Use this link:
    http://m.precentral.net/

and this icon:

and presto, there is a PreCentral app.

Thanks,

Craig

UPDATE: Thanks to kmax12 and sketch42 for creating this app.

To install it, right-click on the PreCentral-App.zip file below and click Save As.... Open the zip and extract the ipk file to a location you will remember. Open WebOS Quick Install and press the plus key [+] then select the file you just saved (com.themxweb.precentral_0.0.1_all.ipk) and click install.
    Bam! Done!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/13/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    i hope kmax doesnt mind but i edited the previous ipk for you.. just edited 1 line and the icon

http://www.filedropper.com/comthemxwebprecentral001all
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i hope kmax doesnt mind but i edited the previous ipk for you.. just edited 1 line and the icon

that's fine. thanks! One thing is that I was considering using a webview widget to display the page, while the google latitude has to launch the browser. I am not sure it really makes a difference.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

Yes!

I love the PreCentral App icon.

Next step we need these in the App Catalog. At some point there may be a real PreCentral app but for right now I have a great link to the mobile version.

At some point Google may give us more apps than just Google Maps but again I am not holding my breath. I think you might see a lot of effort going into their new phone and maybe not so much to our webOS phones.

So kmax, will you subbmit these as apps?

I will put together some sample text for each in posts to follow.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Yes!

I love the PreCentral App icon.

Next step we need these in the App Catalog. At some point there may be a real PreCentral app but for right now I have a great link to the mobile version.
    - Craig
    are you referring to the official palm catalog or the homebrew one? I don't think we could put the google latitude one in the official catalog since it requires the patch to browser.

if you wanna type up a description I can submit to the pre central catalog
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    are you referring to the official palm catalog or the homebrew one? I don't think we could put the google latitude one in the official catalog since it requires the patch to browser.

if you wanna type up a description I can submit to the pre central catalog
    Sorry, Homebrew Catalog.

Here are the text and screenshots for the new Homebrew PreCentral App. Once we get it in the homebrew, I will post the article for the front page. Please post it as soon as you can.

No, it is not the fancy thing I hope we will someday get but it is just embarrassing that Engadget has an app and we don't.

If Palm will let Engadget have a presence in their catalog, we need to be allowed in there as well.

Someday if someone does something fancy, they can use that instead. But for now, let's light that candle!

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/07/2010 at 05:04 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks to kmax12 and sketch42, this app has now been created. Please test it at the new thread and let us know how it worked for you:

PreCentral App - Unofficial

<<Thread closed>>

- Craig