1.    #1  
    I installed novacom, I installed virtualbox and I installed the sdk/emulator. How do i now connect to my actual Palm pre (not the emulator) and see the folder structure and change files?
  2. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals

Basically

Run Novaterm.
    on Mac and Linux open a terminal, and type in cd /opt/nova/bin
    Then type ./novaterm
    (if novaterm is missing, locate the novacom binary (whereis novacom) and run novacom $* -t open tty://0)
    On Mac, if ./novaterm results: in failed to connect to server, do the folllowing
    sudo chmod 644 /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.palm.novacomd
    sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.palm.novacomd
    ./novaterm
    on windows, run novaterm.exe or novaterm-1.exe from the palm/sdk/bin directory. (use explorer or a command line) (if this doesn't work, run novacom -t open tty:// )
    Click "Connect" with "localhost" in the field next to the button.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    I get this error:

Code:
    [2010/1/5 20:42:27] novacom_usb_findandattach_thread:424: usb_handle 0x08061e70, bus 001 dev 005
    [2010/1/5 20:42:27] novacom_usb_rx_thread:354: error reading packet,         retry, rc: -1, errno 9
    [2010/1/5 20:42:27] novacom_usb_rx_thread:358: error reading packet, shutting down, rc: -1, errno 9
    WinScp!

WinSCP :: Download

everything you need to know is in the wiki
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    WinScp!

WinSCP :: Download

everything you need to know is in the wiki
    how does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I installed novacom, I installed virtualbox and I installed the sdk/emulator. How do i now connect to my actual Palm pre (not the emulator) and see the folder structure and change files?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    how does that help?
    huh?

WinScp uses a windows like explorer tree to see the folder structure and change files
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    huh?

WinScp uses a windows like explorer tree to see the folder structure and change files
    ok, thanks. What ip/port, etc do I put in to get my Pre?