1.    #1  
    Is it possible to export parts of the db3 File and reimport Only those parts to the new db3 file of a new phone? such as only exporting text messages and mms i dont need to do anything with contacts as i have them on gmail and memos are supposed to be backed up by palm as well as app purchaces
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Is it possible to export parts of the db3 File and reimport Only those parts to the new db3 file of a new phone? such as only exporting text messages and mms i dont need to do anything with contacts as i have them on gmail and memos are supposed to be backed up by palm as well as app purchaces
    You need an SQLite editor and need to know how to understand databases..i tried...way over my pay grade
    the most advanced info i know of is here, you can't select what to export, but you can modify the file after the fact.

PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $could$ $pull$ $or$ $replace$ $the$ $contacts$ $with$ $blanks$ $via$ $the$ $method$ $above$, $and$ $then$ $restore$, $so$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $the$ $extra$ $contacts$.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    the most advanced info i know of is here, you can't select what to export, but you can modify the file after the fact.

PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $could$ $pull$ $or$ $replace$ $the$ $contacts$ $with$ $blanks$ $via$ $the$ $method$ $above$, $and$ $then$ $restore$, $so$ $you$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $the$ $extra$ $contacts$.
    well the problem is i want to be able to reimport them .

Heres the issue: If i backup the PalmDatabase.db3 file from Phone1 and than i Send it to Phone2 60% of the time issues will arise (in my own experience)

Basically i ant to export the info i need from Phone1 and Import them into the db3 of Phone2

Ive seen the above link before, however it does not explain how to reimport those tables into the new db3
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I've played around with using SQLiteMan, SQLite2009Pro, and SQLite Maestro.

I was able to export callogs, chat messages, tasks, and memos and then re-imported them into a default, clean 1.3.1 database but there was severe formatting issues.

I concluded that using a script would give more control over the export/import process and probably give me the ability to fix the formatting issues. I don't have the time or knowledge to create such a script. Then again, if I had more experience and knowledge I could probably use one of the aforementioned apps to properly import the tables I mentioned.