1.    #1  
    I know that the newest developments for native apps allow only for SDL compatible apps to be native, but is there a way to port Firefox over? Maybe Opera or some other browsers?

Possibly also other software as well?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I would be more interested in Fennec, which is the mobile version of Firefox (and looking great, FYI).
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I love the pre browers but I think it would b cool to have options...firefox and opera both sound good
    I'd vote firefox over opera. I used opera quite a bit on my winmo device before the pre and it wasn't my favorite.
    I really don't see the point of Firefox, the engine used on the Pre's browser is amazing and capable of much better performance and evolving very quickly. Though if you are on a bad connection Opera would be the fastest of the three.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    google chrome is the best browser based on the acid3 tests that would be cool if they could port that. It's also based on webkit which is what the pres browser is based on too so that seems like it would be easier to see as a possibility.
    With native apps anything is possible now.

Palm is doing the right thing here. I hope they show some cool stuff at CES!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I guess I'm not getting the reason for Firefox either. It uses quite a bit of resources on a desktop PC. Isn't Chrome WebKit based? That is what Palm is using for the browser.

A plug-in architecture would eliminate the only advantage I can think of for Firefox.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I guess I'm not getting the reason for Firefox either. It uses quite a bit of resources on a desktop PC. Isn't Chrome WebKit based? That is what Palm is using for the browser.

A plug-in architecture would eliminate the only advantage I can think of for Firefox.
    Two words: Adblock Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Two words: Adblock Plus.
    Two more words: hosts file

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-browser.html
    Yeah, not the same thing. Thanks though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Yeah, not the same thing. Thanks though!
    The better solution seems to be an Ad Block plugin for the Palm browser, rather than a huge and slow behemoth of Firefox. It is a great desktop browser, but a poor mobile browser.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.