1.    #1  
    how would i do the following 2 items:

1) how do i know when i take a screenshot (org+sym+p) using code and

2) can i either record what it saves the file as or get a time stamp at the instant org+sym+p is pressed

any help would be appreciated. obviously i would like to just get the filename of the screenshot when it is taken, and save that in a variable.

many thanks!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Would using keydown events work to detect the printscreen key sequence?
    Last edited by DanPLC; 01/04/2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Would use keydown events work to detect the printscreen key sequence?
    i tried this, and said if i push orange then if i push sym then if i push p, show a pop-up that i acknowledge i did a screencapture. however, it seems to just do the screenshot, and doesn't record the last character.

if you have a chance, check the APIs app (if you have it on your phone) under keypresses. you can do the org and sym, but when you push the p it doesn't record that as a keypress... it must record the triad as a different system function.

i did know about the naming convention, i just want to be able to refer to a particular screencapture, and need the name (and thus the time captured) in order to make a manual event by the user an automated event.

thanks for any help you're able to provide!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  4.    #4  
    bump
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix