1.    #1  
    Ok, there is a new update for the Pre available, and I have a theme installed on my phone, which I installed via the quick install. I know the theme needs to come off before I install the update (do I also need to remove the other apps that change functionality, like the 4x icons, the battery %, etc?).

HOWEVER... now my webOs quick install will not recognize my phone as being plugged in (it is).

I have switched USB ports, it is DEFINITELY in developer mode and it is DEFINITELY on "just charge. I have rebooted my phone and PC (XP Pro SP 3). I have no service listed for palm pre. Someone on here in a thread I saw with search, suggested uninstalling Novacom. I uninstalled it, assuming when I plugged the phone back in to the PC it would reinstall. Nope. I still had a palm pre folder, so I deleted that as well.

So, to sum up, My phone will not reinstall novacom and webos quick install will not recognize my phone. I need to get this Christmas theme off of my phone before the latest update, whatever it is. Please help!
    do you have preware because you can uninstall the theme from there
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    do you have preware because you can uninstall the theme from there
    Yes, I do, I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that. I don't see the theme listed in preware anywhere. Furthermore, I can't install any other theme from preware, it tells me there is already a theme installed.
    I had a similar problem once. Here's a link for reference: xxxx://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=weboshardware&message.id=1739

Replace xxxx with http. I don't have enough posts to include links.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by antianalog View Post
    I had a similar problem once. Here's a link for reference: xxxx://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=weboshardware&message.id=1739

Replace xxxx with http. I don't have enough posts to include links.
    Thank you for the link, but my phone is booting up and works fine, as far as functionality goes, I just need the theme off and my PC to reinstall novacom.
    Find where you saved the WebOS Doctor file.

Copy and paste it in the same directory. Then rename the copy to doctor.zip and open it up (you may need WinRAR to do this). Go to the resources folder and navigate to the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi (x64.msi if you are running x64 Win XP) and run it. You may need to reboot your computer, but everything should work.

Same way to get it to work on Windows 7, or at least that's how I did it.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Find where you saved the WebOS Doctor file.

Copy and paste it in the same directory. Then rename the copy to doctor.zip and open it up (you may need WinRAR to do this). Go to the resources folder and navigate to the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi (x64.msi if you are running x64 Win XP) and run it. You may need to reboot your computer, but everything should work.

Same way to get it to work on Windows 7, or at least that's how I did it.
    Ok, webOS Doctor is on my desktop, where do I copy it to?
    If you uninstalled Novacom you have to install it again. Open up WebOS Quick Installer, go to file and I think there's an option to choose either Emulator or Device. On that same screen there should be a re-install novacom. Click that button. Then restart your computer, restart your pre (just to make sure) then connect & go to the just charge mode. Open up WOSQI and it should recognize the phone now. Hope that helps. I had a similar issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    If you uninstalled Novacom you have to install it again. Open up WebOS Quick Installer, go to file and I think there's an option to choose either Emulator or Device. On that same screen there should be a re-install novacom. Click that button. Then restart your computer, restart your pre (just to make sure) then connect & go to the just charge mode. Open up WOSQI and it should recognize the phone now. Hope that helps. I had a similar issue.
    before you do this, is your Pre in Developer mode? if not, or your not sure do a search to learn how to do it. It needs to be in Dev. mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    before you do this, is your Pre in Developer mode? if not, or your not sure do a search to learn how to do it. It needs to be in Dev. mode.
    It definitely has to be on dev mode. upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I did this, it still does not recognize my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by justcrash View Post
    I did this, it still does not recognize my phone.
    Unplug your phone from the computer for five minutes and plug it back in (to allow the phone to go into sleep mode), as I have seen that being required in the past.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Unplug your Pre, hit the reinstall Novacom button in WOSQI options, let it do its thing, plug Pre back in (after a restart is a good idea, but wasn't needed for me)
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive