1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I'm not terribly familiar with Linux, having grown up with DOS/Windows, but I am a programmer, so I can often find my way around. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable with Linux could help me solve a problem I'm having with my SFTP app.

I'm using Beyond Compare Pro Edition, which has a SFTP comparison tool. I can copy files from my pre to my pc to view or edit them, but I'm having trouble copying files back to my pre in /usr/palm. It works fine in /var/usr/palm, as I've tried it with my own app that I'm building.

I have been able to use Putty to SSH in and edit /usr/palm files using vi, but it's a huge PITA. Is there a way, within the Pre's Linux system, to make /usr/palm allow me to copy files there via SFTP, the same as /var/usr/palm?
  2.    #2  
    Ok, I'm wrong. It looks like I can only copy new files/folders in /var/usr/palm, but not overwrite anything (unless I copied it there to begin with).

I still cannot copy anything to /usr/palm folders.
    You have to have your file system open, I type rootfs_open -w in a command prompt and this will let you overwrite files.