Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hey guys just wondering if it is even possible to have your text message scroll across the bottom of the screen when it comes in? Like we know how it will show the little avatar and then some of the text, is there a way to have the text scroll? I think that would be a neat feature. Im willing to donate to get it done... Dont know much about patches or homebrew, my phone is stock. Just an idea, thanks.. Have a good new year guys and keep up the awesome work!
    Quote Originally Posted by mroth1983 View Post
    Hey guys just wondering if it is even possible to have your text message scroll across the bottom of the screen when it comes in? Like we know how it will show the little avatar and then some of the text, is there a way to have the text scroll? I think that would be a neat feature. Im willing to donate to get it done... Dont know much about patches or homebrew, my phone is stock. Just an idea, thanks.. Have a good new year guys and keep up the awesome work!
    Sounds interesting.. Probably requires patching of the Mojo framework to scroll the text, rather than just patching the messaging app (really depends if the notification area supports the marquee HTML tag). If the entire Mojo framework were to be patched for this, then it would just cause all notifications to scroll.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    That would be a very interesting patch indeed. I'm also interested in seeing what our devs could come up with.

I feel like I've said that several times today while on duty. heh
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Probably requires patching of the Mojo framework to scroll the text, rather than just patching the messaging app (really depends if the notification area supports the marquee HTML tag). If the entire Mojo framework were to be patched for this, then it would just cause all notifications to scroll.
    Actually, this is possible. I don't quite remember which one of the sample apps did this (maybe StyleMatters?) but in the SDK, there was an app which gave examples of notifications and one of them even had an entire image that "marquee'd" through the notification bar and then stopped, but if you tap and dragged it, you could see the entire image. It was basically a tiny image viewer in the notification bar!

The notification system has a LOT of potential...

Just up to the developers I guess...

In other words, this patch is very possible, I believe.
    This is something I would definitely like to see!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Glad to see there is other interest in the type of patch. Im interested to see what they come up with. I have had an iphone, htc touch pro, blackberry.. and have never met a communtiy so involved in such a platform. I cant beleive it only been 6 months! Love my Pre! thanks guys for all the work you do.
    +1

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    this would be awesome!
  9. jut
    I would also like to have this and am willing to donate. Android does it and i think its a great touch.
    What I would like to see is a way to organize my contacts...
    That is have a way that I can have groups, such as...
    Family
    Friends
    Business
    etc. etc.
    Any input on this...Thanks
  11. jut
    Quote Originally Posted by in4color View Post
    What I would like to see is a way to organize my contacts...
    That is have a way that I can have groups, such as...
    Family
    Friends
    Business
    etc. etc.
    Any input on this...Thanks

That has nothing to do with this thread, try to stay on topic. If you would like a patch for what you describe search the forum or create a new thread.
  12. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    What about waffles?
  13. jut
    bump