1.    #1  

There already exists an SDL port of this that just needs to be recompiled for arm7 to work on WebOS.

The more interesting bit of info is on this page. Apparently some people at IBM figured out how to compile it with rudimentary accelerometer support. Combined with the increased accelerometer polling present in WebOS 1.3.5, theoretically a port of this will run quite well on a Pre or Pixi.

I can't be the only one that thinks this would be a pretty damn awesome time waster. Sadly I don't have access to my Linux box until after the holidays next week, but I posted this thread in case anyone else has the inclination to work on this or wants a port.
    This would be awesome!!!
    Seconded!
  4.    #4  
    Just to follow up on this, someone has already done all the heavy lifting involving porting an OpenGL game to OpenGL ES. iPhone port w/ source
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Tux Racer with accelerometer support would be awesome!
    I'd be willing to help with this.. although my coding experience is rusty
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Tux Racer with accelerometer support would be awesome!
    seconded..
    FYI: If you wish to port some SDL games to Palm Pre, you need to install Palm PDK which contain Palm's version of SDL headers and libs, then use compiler arm-none-linux-gnueabi to compile all source code to binary, and finish step is use a special version of Palm Mojo SDK to package your binary code and data file to one file and transfer to your Palm Pre to test your game.

The Palm PDK currently only sent to some games studio, the public release in next March.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Nice . Keep up good work !

When 1.3.5 becomes available her in europe, this will be a 100%worth Install.
    So we just need to grab tuxracer out of the src folder, add it to an ipk, and install?
    you first have to compile it and then put in a webos app structure and then put it in a container... also if it was in a playable form yet you would sure see it on preware allready
    Gotcha. I thought I saw an executable and your comments about "playable with bugs" gave me false hope. I'll give you a bit more time.
    how about porting neverball the same wayy too. i would love to play that game on my pre

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhope View Post
    FYI: If you wish to port some SDL games to Palm Pre, you need to install Palm PDK which contain Palm's version of SDL headers and libs, then use compiler arm-none-linux-gnueabi to compile all source code to binary, and finish step is use a special version of Palm Mojo SDK to package your binary code and data file to one file and transfer to your Palm Pre to test your game.

The Palm PDK currently only sent to some games studio, the public release in next March.
    But the WebOS Internals Development Kit is available now, and can be used right now to develop SDL games.

WebOS Internals PDK - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals