1.    #1  
    I'm in the process of becoming a Palm developer (for webos) to sell my app and I'm about to sign up for paypal, but I'm not sure which account to sign up for. Can I just get a PayPal personal account? Do i have to get a premier or business one? Do any of them cost money? (It's not clear from paypal's site) Thanks!
    I just have a personal account, but I may change to a business account later on.
    I'm using a personal account currently. You do need to have a verified account though. And that can take up to a few days so be prepared to wait.
    hit up that thanks button
  4. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    A personal account is fine. The only cost to you (other than Palms chunk) is Paypal will also take a slice of every transaction
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    A personal account is fine. The only cost to you (other than Palms chunk) is Paypal will also take a slice of every transaction
    Other developers on here have indicated that they didn't have to pay the paypal fees. I hope that's true.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  6. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Other developers on here have indicated that they didn't have to pay the paypal fees. I hope that's true.
    If that is true (and I sure hope it is), thats a great move by Palm negotiating that.......Whats in it for Paypal to provide the service though?
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    If that is true (and I sure hope it is), thats a great move by Palm negotiating that.......Whats in it for Paypal to provide the service though?
    I would guess Palm is covering the Paypal charges out of their 30% share.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I would guess Palm is covering the Paypal charges out of their 30% share.
    Well then that's a big Kudos to Palm for doing that.....very cool of them indeed!
    Yeah, Palm takes 70% of your sales, but there is no paypal fee at all. I received my first payment for November sales on December 22nd around 9:30pm. Completely random.