1.    #1  
    ok i am horribly crashing and burning attempting to webosdoctor my pre.

so... just to make sure things were current i uninstalled webosdoctor and webosquickinstall then reinstalled them both.

hooked up ye ol' pre, selected just charge (ya?) and hit the "panic webosdoctor button" in webosquickinstall. things seemed to be moving along nicely until i got stuck on a meter that said my battery was suppose to be charging and constantly showed 0%. baffled i clicked on the help button and tried a few of the hints.

where i'm at now...

hooking my pre up to my laptop i no longer get the media sync / usb drive / just charge options. i attempted to reinstall novacom drivers and it gets stuck at what looks like 90-ish % of the driver install and then sits there... forever. as of this post it's probably sat there for half an hour.

>>>help<<<<
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew View Post
    ok i am horribly crashing and burning attempting to webosdoctor my pre.

so... just to make sure things were current i uninstalled webosdoctor and webosquickinstall then reinstalled them both.

hooked up ye ol' pre, selected just charge (ya?) and hit the "panic webosdoctor button" in webosquickinstall. things seemed to be moving along nicely until i got stuck on a meter that said my battery was suppose to be charging and constantly showed 0%. baffled i clicked on the help button and tried a few of the hints.

where i'm at now...

hooking my pre up to my laptop i no longer get the media sync / usb drive / just charge options. i attempted to reinstall novacom drivers and it gets stuck at what looks like 90-ish % of the driver install and then sits there... forever. as of this post it's probably sat there for half an hour.

>>>help<<<<
    This happened to me. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly what I did to get it to work, because it was a quick fix. I believe that I simply updated Java, and used WebOS doctor w/o using the panic button, but I could have redownloaded WebOS doctor and updated Java.
  3.    #3  
    looks like i've got it worked out. i had to reset the comp to get novacom to install properlly, then i had to yank my battery, put it back in, hold up on the volume key (WITH my phone plugged to the comp, didn't do anything otherwise) gave me the big usb symbol, the "next" button showed up.

i'm now at 30% of my webosdoctor. hopefully it goes through a-ok so i can update back to 1.3.5 and be back in the land of a clean pre and up to date patching.

i HATE it when my pre auto-updates before i ditch my patches >
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandrew View Post
    looks like i've got it worked out. i had to reset the comp to get novacom to install properlly, then i had to yank my battery, put it back in, hold up on the volume key (WITH my phone plugged to the comp, didn't do anything otherwise) gave me the big usb symbol, the "next" button showed up.

i'm now at 30% of my webosdoctor. hopefully it goes through a-ok so i can update back to 1.3.5 and be back in the land of a clean pre and up to date patching.

i HATE it when my pre auto-updates before i ditch my patches >
    Glad you got it to work. I've only used the option you mentioned when webosdoctor doesn't recognize my Pre.