1.    #1  
    hi, I have searched the forum, I have downloaded the latest java for my mac, I have doctored my phone, hard reset it, downloaded the newest version of doctor, turned on and off developermode, pulled out the battery, checked the device manament setting in quick install(which it does connect to my pre and gives me info on apps I have installed) but for the life of me, everytime I click on the third button on the right to try and install preware or anything, nothing happens. I click, and nothing happens, I don't know what else to do, anyone have any ideas.

btw, I just recieved this palm pre today as a replacement for my previous pre that had a volume button issue. when I first synced the new phone to my palm profile it never actually updated my contacts (don't know if this is usefull info or not) after almost 3 hours of waiting for the contact info I hard reset the phone and it did sync contacts, since then I have done all the stuff I listed above and still no access to the third button menu's. QI worked great on my previous Pre so, what am I not doing and or doing wrong? any help would be great.....I'm going to bed now

Philip
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Im having the same problem.Done everything loopytee mention,even got a new cable tonight form the sprint store. lost.... if someone can help that would be great...thanks mike.
    emulator/usb....option on the right of installer??? Frustrating this must be...
    usb
  5.    #5  
    One thing that I forgot to mention is that I am able to install Tweaks via QI. When I got to the on line repository section of the tweaks everything got hung up and I had to"force quit" QI, at that point I was to tired to do try again. Now I have to go to work.

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
  6.    #6  
    still having this as an issue, anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

I recently doctored my phone as well..however, I figured out that QI would not work properly with the CURRENT VERSION of WebOS 1.3.5.1...so my suggestion to you is to doctor your phone but DO NOT install the latest version of WebOS until AFTER you have done everything you need to do with QI. Thats how I got everything working for me...

Hope this helps