1.    #1  
    Using the Ares tutorial from Palm, I made a video to help everyone out who is new to Ares. The video goes through the entire development portion of the tutorial in a little under 10 minutes. You can view the tutorial here:
    Last edited by FirstStryke08; 12/28/2009 at 02:58 PM.
    no sound? or was that intended?
  3.    #3  
    I didn't intend for there to be any sound, but that's not a bad idea. I guess I assumed viewers would be following along with the text from the tutorial rather than my voice. I may add some voice though...
    yeah a little voive would go a long way, that way we don't have to take our eyes off of the screen.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you for the suggestion. I added narrative to the video tutorial. The old video is no longer available and the new video can be found at
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstStryke08 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I added narrative to the video tutorial. The old video is no longer available and the new video can be found at
    damn... the tutorial is fast forward! lol
  7.    #7  
    Yeah... sorry about that. The video is a direct cut and hasn't been modified, but I probably should have slowed down a bit. The narrative slows down after a few minutes.
    Where is the text for this tutorial? I'm very interested in learning how to leverage ARES but there's little documentation as of yet. Any help is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    is that the emulater???? how do i get one????

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Nice video. I got as far as where the demo video goes but can't get the debugging to work. Can you do a video of a debugging session? That would be great. Thanks for your work.
    mobigamedepot.com
    great video. thanks.
  12.    #12  
    I'm so happy to hear you guys liked the video! I think the quick pace turned some users off. I would be happy to help out with a debugging video. I will update when I have it prepared. Check back in a few days.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    Nice video. I got as far as where the demo video goes but can't get the debugging to work. Can you do a video of a debugging session? That would be great. Thanks for your work.
    Part 3 of the Ares development tutorial has been posted on YouTube at:

This tutorial focuses on debugging in Ares.