1.    #1  
    **Mods if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry and please feel free to move this to the correct forum**

I'm looking to see if there is a developer out there that might be willing to work with me on designing an app or two for the palm pre and pixi. I have a couple of ideas. My problem is, is that I don't have the whole coding thing down. I would be more then willing to split and maybe even give more to the developer if the app makes the catalog. Please respond in this thread or PM if your interested. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    **Mods if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry and please feel free to move this to the correct forum**

I'm looking to see if there is a developer out there that might be willing to work with me on designing an app or two for the palm pre and pixi. I have a couple of ideas. My problem is, is that I don't have the whole coding thing down. I would be more then willing to split and maybe even give more to the developer if the app makes the catalog. Please respond in this thread or PM if your interested. Thanks.
    Have you tried Ares?

Palm - Project Ares
  3.    #3  
    I have not. I will look into that. Thanks.
  4. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    If you still dont feel Ares is suitable (It doesn't absolve the need to know Mojo and Javascript completely), please post some info on the app(s). I'd be interested to know more...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    yes more info please
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post

Be aware that ideas are a dime-a-dozen.

Implementing ideas can range from easy to very very very hard.

How long did it take you to think of your idea?

How long did it take the programmer to learn his or her skill set, become and expert, and how many hours or days to IMPLEMENT your idea.

We see this a lot, not just in software, but in books and short stories as well. "I have this great idea, and if you just write it, I'll split the income with you."

Uh.... no thanks. Except in a very very very rare case, the idea is -not- going to be unique and valuable. Just the time required to TYPE IN a book, or short story, or a program, is substantially larger than you think its going to be.

Just be aware of that. Even for webos, programming isn't easy. Don't be suprized if programmers explain to you that the value of your IDEA is worth less than 10% of the value of the APP.
  7.    #7  
    Very well said rboatright. Which is a very fair. I completely understand that ideas are a dime a dozen. I'm first going to try and see if I can get this done on my own. My idea for the apps are not groundbreaker or crazy. I completely agree that my idea alone isn't worth as much as the app itself. I give the people who program them a lot of credit. It's probably more of a 20% idea / 80% programming split.
    This reminds me of someone who posted in these forums very early on saying "I've got this million dollar idea" (or somesuch number). They had contacted some developer and forced them to sign a NDA. When the programmer saw the idea, he said I'll start as soon as you give me $4500. Up Front. Cash. The idea man was ticked that his developer wasn't as impressed as he was. My 'million dollar' idea hasn't paid off the house yet (and probably won't, not that I ever expected it to). What gets downloaded is free. Getting folks to part with thier $s is not as easy as it sounds.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.