1.    #1  
    I love to be able to set different default tones for SMS and IM sounds.
    There are many times I would miss the SMS from friends while I am IMing on the desktop because I would just ignore the notification I get on the phone that pertains to receiving an message.
    Quote Originally Posted by friedchicken View Post
    I love to be able to set different default tones for SMS and IM sounds.
    There are many times I would miss the SMS from friends while I am IMing on the desktop because I would just ignore the notification I get on the phone that pertains to receiving an message.
    SMS Tones Per Contact patch will allow you to do a different tone for messages, calls and alerts. Also, in Messaging, drop-down the top menu bar and you can set the preferences for a different ringtone there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    SMS Tones Per Contact patch will allow you to do a different tone for messages, calls and alerts. Also, in Messaging, drop-down the top menu bar and you can set the preferences for a different ringtone there.
    The SMS Tones Per Contact doesn't help you with this problem because the same tone is played whether you receive an SMS or an IM. If you set a specific tone per contact, you still can't tell the difference between that contact SMSing you or IMing you.

What we'd like is to be able to have separate sounds for IM and SMS. Right now, they are combined because SMS and IM are combined as a single "Messaging" app (which I hate).