1.    #1  
    My volume (up) button has completely broken and Sprint refuses to fix it, for whatever reason. At the same time, I was having the problem where the down button would stick and always display the volume level etc..that fixed itself, but as a result my earpiece volume is stuck on the lowest setting and pandora is too (making it useless, because I get no sound at all from it!)

Is there any way someone could add an earpiece volume slider to the sounds menu or any menu at all for that matter? I haven't been able to figure out another way to turn it up..
  2.    #2  
    Anybody else having this issue?
    I'll post something here. I'm not having this issue, but I am sure it will help someone or maybe me in the future. It will be nice to have this option anyway just to at least save our hard button usage.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you..my power button also randomly stopped working today, same issue as the volume button. Looks like I'm making another trip to the Sprint store tomorrow.
    Yeah. Mine never had any of those hardware issues and I use mine like a pro. I actually use the slider alot to turn my phone on and when my slider is open and my screen is off i just press the silver button. Nothing gets unused with me. In my Palm TX my power button went bad though. I hope we can keep this post up at least til monday. More people will see it then.
    I had the same issue (broken volume-up button) and got my phone replaced - by Palm not Sprint. Contact Palm since your phone is still under warranty (that is, if you got it the normal way). Sprint will only help if you have insurance.

+1 for an app to adjust volume though - it took a couple weeks to get my replacement lined up during which time I couldn't adjust the volume.
    good to know