1.    #1  
    Alrighty, here I go...

1) I am NOT a Windows or MacOS user/owner.
    2) I am a rather competent javascript guru.
    3) I am also very good with HTML, CSS, etc.
    4) I prefer sticking to the command line
    5) I think Palms initial guides on the site suck (they don't work and are incorrect)
    6) I simply wanna learn the Mojo toolkit garbage in order to build a few apps for my Pre.

Anyone got any good recommendations for guides or even books? I don't need any primer type garbage on jsjsjs/$etc$... $I$ $just$ $need$ $to$ $learn$ $Palms$ $funky$ $web$ $stuff$.

I am really disappointed to see such poorly written (and broken) quickstart guides on Palms site.. Any pointers to good reference would be great.

- Dean
    If I cannot find decent material to learn this, I will just build the damn app in PHP or shell and run it under the Lighttpd server I got running on the phone...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    How about this? I am not a developer, so don't know if this is good for you or not.
    Dean,

The documentation IS atrocious. The best way is to look at the code in the sample apps with the SDK. Start playing around with things. If you have a strong JSJSJS $background$ $it$ $shouldn$'$t$ $be$ $a$ $problem$. $Between$ $the$ $Allen$ $WebOS$ $dev$ $book$, $the$ $API$ $dodcs$, $weboshelp$ $and$ $webos101$ $you$ $can$ $kinda$ $move$ $along$. #$webos$ $on$ $IRC$ $is$ $your$ $friend$.
  4.    #4  
    jfelectron: thanks a million...

Google does not help out a whole lot.. The webOs101 and webOshelp look great.

I have been poking around some of the sample apps... Does not look too different from most JSJSJS $frameworks$ $actually$ ($selectors$,$helpers$,$etc$).

I think as long as I have a way to poke through to the underlying OS, I will be set to go since Linux programming (shell/perl/php) is my native.

Some of my plans:

1) Contact export app (excell/sql/csv) for contacts (the Sqlite db is laid out rather well)
    2) Optware service control app - start/stop/restart/etc optware services/daemons in the /opt/etc/init.d folder.
    3) Perhaps a decent FTP/SFTP GUI client..

I will keep everyone posted.