Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hello,

I did a search of the forums, but didn't find the info that I was looking for. I will try my best to explain.

Does anyone out there know of a streaming audio app (for example: Pandora, AccuRadio, SHOUTcast, etc...) - that has an option for large icons or buttons for user-defined preset channels or favorites? The app can be either homebrew or in the app catalog.

The reason I ask is that I would like to use my Pre for streaming audio while driving (with the Pre mounted to the dashboard) and would like to easily change stations without spending too much time going through menus or reading small text.

If an app does not exist with this feature currently, is anyone out there reading this an app developer who would be willing to take this idea and run with it??? ... You could either incorporate it into an existing app or create a new one. (Ideally, I would imagine you could fit 4 - 8 large icons on the screen at once.)

Not only would this app / feature be good for while driving, but it would be good for joggers or runners who want to change stations without much hassle. Heck, it would even be a benifit to those with poor eyesite.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not sure how large is "large", but the new RadioTime app has a pretty straight-forward "Presets" page that just lists your favorites. Each entry is a full line wide and about 3 lines of medium-small text high, with a station icon on the left side. For free, probably worth checking out.

I was also looking at AccuRadio, and looked about the same ... mostly text, but pretty good size items in a simple list.

The other option might be to try and just use bookmarks in the Web Browser. Most of the streaming channels are just URLs, and you could dedicate the first 3 or 4 "buttons" in the Bookmarks startup page to them. Those are pretty good size.