1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I am really looking for 2 applications... or patches really. The first one should be quite easy to make and I will be surprised if it doesn't exist already. I am looking for a way to replace the Open launcher button on the launcher bar with something more useful. I never se the button as the gesture up opens the launcher anyway. It would be nice to have 5 useful buttons there. Does this exist?

The second is a patch that upgrades the basic spell check on the Pre in Email and messenger. This would be very handy.

I am wondering if I maybe just dont know where or how to search for apts and patches. I have the Quick Install java app but there is only very short descriptions of what the apts and patches do there.

Anyways, if anyone knows patches for these I would be very grateful. Thanks.
    I don't believe anyone has found a way to replace the Launcher button yet. It's been asked several times, and I agree it's a waste, but I've never seen/heard of a patch for it. I suspect the Quick Launch bar is done in a different way than most of the WebOS html/css/javascript code.
    ditto on the launcher button, it needs to go, why is it even there if we have a gesture area?

The enhanced spell checker is on qi and preware last I knew
    Palm prē-ist.
    I thought the enhanced spell checker on WebOS QI wasn't a spell checker for the email program, but rather an enhanced auto correct for when someone types the letter "r" it will auto replace it with the word "are".

As for the launcher on the quick launch, the question was posed, where would you put it? I agree it's redundant and not needed and wish I could add an app there.