1.    #1  
    what happened to the precentral.net app? Is it still coming?
    I was thinking about this the other day -- where is it Dieter?
    Not more of this do we really want webos to become like iphone with apps that are pointless since you could just open the browser and go to a precentral bookmark
    On the other hand it could be cool if the app could enable notifications for new articles, or updates to threads you are part of.

Haven't heard any news on the development in a while though.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Not more of this do we really want webos to become like iphone with apps that are pointless since you could just open the browser and go to a precentral bookmark
    I actually would expect this application to be very useful. browsing the forums can be quite cumbersome.

Also, I was told by kesne (the guy from the other thread that is working on the app) that the hold up isn't on his part. presumably that means we are waiting on dieter/precentral. If that is not the case, I would be willing to offer up my services.

update: just told by kesne he isn't working on it and precentral hasn't announced anything about their plans
    Last edited by kmax12; 12/21/2009 at 08:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    PreCentral app? What is that? Never heard of it before?
    I can browse the forums just fine with the Pre. Just make sure you are on the mobile version of the site.
    Endgadget is releasing an app before CES they announced, it would be great if there is one for precentral too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I can browse the forums just fine with the Pre. Just make sure you are on the mobile version of the site.
    agreed - if an app has to do with mobile browsing, why not just use the browser app? i still won't be able to use the precentral app at my desk since i get no signal, so it wouldn't do me any good. will it just be prettier? like facebook, i'll take the browser app over a webOS app.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Endgadget is releasing an app before CES they announced, it would be great if there is one for precentral too.
    the mobile web site for precentral just isn't for me . I did not care for it at all not to mention you loose some of the basic function of the real web site . Just sayin . Imo
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->