Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Is there any way to sync media wirelessly yet?

I believe Missing sync will sync contact and calendar info but you must plug in with the usb cable to sync photos, ringtones, etc..

I got the touchstone charger because I don't want to have to plug in a usb cable all the time.

Has anyone had any luck with this or is there a work around?
    I searched through the forum but was unlucky at finding anything about wireless syncing media.
    If you install the OpenSSH SSH server from Preware, you can access your Pre over Wi-Fi, using PuTTY or WinSCP (for file transfer).

Steps to make it even easier:
    • Have your router give the Pre the same IP address every time.
    • Install the OpenSSH SFTP server and use something like ExpanDrive or DokanSSHFS to map the Pre to a network drive (I'm talking Windows here)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I can ssh into the pre. But what I'm looking for is a way to initiate the sync from the pre.

I would like to set the pre down on the touch stone at night. Bring up and app and hit sync on the pre. it would be nice to have it sync from a folder on my mac, like drop box or some version of this.

Since I use the touch stone it make it difficult to sync. I keep the stone on my night stand. So to sync I have to pull the night stand out get the cable then plug in to my mac and sync it.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halehouse View Post
    I can ssh into the pre. But what I'm looking for is a way to initiate the sync from the pre.

I would like to set the pre down on the touch stone at night. Bring up and app and hit sync on the pre. it would be nice to have it sync from a folder on my mac, like drop box or some version of this.

Since I use the touch stone it make it difficult to sync. I keep the stone on my night stand. So to sync I have to pull the night stand out get the cable then plug in to my mac and sync it.
    x2
    i always thought they would add this functionality to the touchstone at some point
    I'd like to see this feature too. Specifically, I'd like the Pre to fetch its own media (Podcasts, or copy MP3 files that I have stored on a network file share, etc).

Since one of the central themes of webOS is that it'll connect to the internet and get your data itself (rather than syncing with a computer) I'm surprised this philosophy doesn't extend to fetching media files.