1.    #1  
    is there a video or someone that could give me a boost on how to make my own app...im all ears!!! i would love to learn the fun in making an app!! plz!!

thanks

~Matt
    me two, me two, me two, me two, me two, me two :-)
    me nine
    The new Ares makes app development a lot easier than ever before for WebOS.
    mobigamedepot.com
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  6. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Say hello to the future boys and girls.
    How easy is it to build an app using Ares? I am more of a support guy, but may want to dip in development if the learning curve is not that big. Is it like WYSIWYG?
    I think I've collected a few tutorials (and written some myself) that can be found here.

Also, information about Project Ares can be found here.

Someone really should make "How do I get started in development?" a sticky.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    To answer how easy is it to use/program with Ares, no one really knows yet. It's only been out a few days so no one has any real strong experience with it. As for learning how to program these little guys, the biggest thing is learning Javascript. If you don't know that, I suggest googling 'javascript tutorial'. The one that shows up first is W3 Schools. It's what I used to learn Javascript. The next thing you'll need to really make 'WebOS-Like' apps is to learn Mojo. There are tutorials/references around, but the book is the best solution right now (Mitch Allen is the author if I recall correctly). Look around the forums and you'll see it quoted & referred to frequently. The book is about $30, but probably cheaper in electronic copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jescandalo View Post
    How easy is it to build an app using Ares? I am more of a support guy, but may want to dip in development if the learning curve is not that big. Is it like WYSIWYG?
    Depends on what you really want to do. But no, you'll need to learn to tweak javascript code. It's not horribly hard, but if you have an instant aversion to looking at code, you'll have to get over that. Drag and drop WYSIWYG programming only can take you so far until you'll need to actually make it do something useful.