1.    #1  
    "java" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I have the latest Java version FWIW
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    java is not in your system path it seems. It should've been set up that way when you installed (if on windows).

Add the path to the java/bin directory to your PATH variable.
    Windows: google "add to system path, windows" since I can't post links yet.
    set the path in Windows 2000 / Windows XP.[/url]
    Linux: add the following line to your .bashrc or .profile:
    Code:
    export PATH=$PATH:<path-to-java>
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Hey hey, that was post #10, here's the link: How to set the path in Windows 2000 / Windows XP.
  4.    #4  
    So I got to to the "Enviroment Variables" window and highlighted "Path" found in the "System Variables" section.

The highlighted path says the following:

%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Python;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Do I just add the path to the long list and if so where do I find my path?
    Last edited by gksspot555; 12/19/2009 at 09:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    You just need the full name of the directory that java was installed in, usually c:\Program Files\Java1.X\bin or c:\Program Files\JreXX\bin

If all else fails, search your c drive for java.exe and then you should be able to tell where it is. Once you have it add that location to the end of your PATH variable (be sure to precede it with a semicolon.) So when you're done your path should look like:
    Code:
    %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Python;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\java\bin
    or something similar. I believe you have to restart after that to pull in those changes.
  6.    #6  
    Got it to work, found my java file path was: c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin and added the ; before it at the end of the path and restarted the computer and not it recognizes Java when I type in java -version into the command prompt.

Thanks so much spdqbr!