Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    I have a test case for my application that crashes on the device, but works perfectly on the emulator. I have the latest versions of both webOS and VirtualBox and the SDK.

    How do I handle something like this? Since it works on the emulator, it makes me think that my programming logic and syntax are correct.

    Has anyone else run into something like this? If so, how did you handle it? I would be appreciative of any suggestions!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstStryke08 View Post
    I have a test case for my application that crashes on the device, but works perfectly on the emulator. I have the latest versions of both webOS and VirtualBox and the SDK.

    How do I handle something like this? Since it works on the emulator, it makes me think that my programming logic and syntax are correct.

    Has anyone else run into something like this? If so, how did you handle it? I would be appreciative of any suggestions!
    i've had crashes on the pre and not on the emulator when i had keypresses AND accelerometer use... look for something that the emulator doesn't emulate, and that might be the problem.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  3. #3  
    I've just started to get into webOS development myself, and haven't run into this yet, but:

    1. I believe you can run the debugger while the program is running on the device.

    2. Standard debugging practice from when computer programs ran on teletypes is to print output statements on the display from various points in your program, to narrow down the location of the problem. Do the equivalent for webOS.
  4.    #4  
    I went ahead and did some logging on the device, and although I don't remember changing anything, the problem (seemingly) just went away. If the issue shows up again, I will compare yesterday's build to today's build and post any differences I find. Otherwise, this issue is resolved.

Posting Permissions