Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I would really like to jump into programming for the pre, but I haven't a clue how to start. I know C++, and a bit of HTML, but that's about it.

I tried out Ares, but it's useless unless I know how to work events =p
    Well the events are done via Javascript, so I'd suggest maybe looking at some tutorials or sample applications for that.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    Thanks. /s

Anyways, I found this which is seems helpful, now if someone can point me in the right direction to get started, I would appreciate it very much.

Palm Mojo Framework - Mojo.Controller.StageController
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well the events are done via Javascript, so I'd suggest maybe looking at some tutorials or sample applications for that.
    Just run of the mill Javascript? So I should start learning JSJSJS $then$ $eh$. $Perfect$, $my$ $next$ $course$ $in$ $uni$ $requires$ $me$ $to$ $do$ $so$ ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Just run of the mill Javascript? So I should start learning JSJSJS $then$ $eh$. $Perfect$, $my$ $next$ $course$ $in$ $uni$ $requires$ $me$ $to$ $do$ $so$ ^^
    Well, there's specialized Mojo stuff, but Ares seems to handle a lot of that for you. For more information on the Mojo APIs, there's developer.palm.com 's API reference.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Do you think, really quickly, you could explain how to switch scenes with a button click?

I tried this, didn't work. I know I should read up on JSJSJS $first$, $but$ $I$ $really$ $feel$ $like$ $jumping$ $into$ $it$ $right$ $now$. $For$ ****$s$ $and$ $giggles$, $lets$ $say$.

button1Tap: function(event, inSender) {
    this.Controller.StageController.pushScene('scene1');
    this.controller.setWindowOrientation("free");
    }

Or am i supposed to use swapScene?
    The use of "this" and scope of applications and that sort of thing always messes me up, and I'm by no means an expert, the only JSJSJS $programming$ $I$'$ve$ $ever$ $done$ $was$ $a$ $very$ $simple$ $application$, $but$ $I$ $always$ $used$:

Mojo.Controller.StageController.pushScene instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Do you think, really quickly, you could explain how to switch scenes with a button click?

I tried this, didn't work. I know I should read up on JSJSJS $first$, $but$ $I$ $really$ $feel$ $like$ $jumping$ $into$ $it$ $right$ $now$. $For$ ****$s$ $and$ $giggles$, $lets$ $say$.
    (snip of code)
    Or am i supposed to use swapScene?
    PushScene pushes it "on top" of the other scene. Therefore, if the user uses the "bacK" gesture, you will return to the original scene. If you use swapScene, the old scene is deleted and the new scene is shown. So if the user uses the back gesture, the app will minimize. Just wanted to clear that up.

As for learning to develop for WebOS, download the SDK and look at the sample programs in there. That will tell you almost everything you need to know.
    mobigamedepot.com
    hello world is a good start. good luck.