Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I zip then upload my app in Ares and i'm able to see all files but when i select "Launch" nothing appears !!

As mentionned in the Ares User Guide i have no device plugged.

Is some of you have succeeded ? and how ?

Note: i use Firefox 3.5.6 - Vista SP2
    is ZE #1 innovative software solutions for PalmOS and Palm webOS.

_________________________________________________________[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze-Palm View Post
    I zip then upload my app in Ares and i'm able to see all files but when i select "Launch" nothing appears !!

As mentionned in the Ares User Guide i have no device plugged.

Is some of you have succeeded ? and how ?

Note: i use Firefox 3.5.6 - Vista SP2
    I got mine going by loading my application files into an Ares created project and preserving the Ares files and references that were there.
    I think it's funny it doesn't work in IE, I use mainly FF anyways and it's working great for me in 3.5.6 running on Windows Server 2003 R2 and also FF 3.5.6 running on Windows 7 Ultimate

I've created a couple small apps already just screwing around, seems very easy

I think what I'm most excited about is to see the 'libraries' people come up with like utility classes, I do web development now ASP.NET C#, and I'm a big fan of utility classes, wrapper classes, and external libraries of awesomeness

I hope to see a large community of developers sharing utility classes for performing various things within the platform
    What a simply amazing tool. I've been thinking about ditching my palm for an android powered device, but this gives me hope. The webos platform is really starting to come to life!
    I couldn't get it to work in Firefox 3.5.6, all I got was a blank white screen. It works just fine in Chrome and Safari though!
    I couldn't get it to work in Firefox 3.5.6, all I got was a blank white screen. It works just fine in Chrome and Safari though!
    what are you meaning ?
    White screen when you click on "Launch" ?

what are you meaning ?
    White screen when you click on "Launch" ?
    I go to the ares website, login with my developer username and password, and then it redirects me to completely white screen. The same process in both chrome and safari produced different results and brought up the Ares web page.
    I give a try and all works fine.
    Maybe the website is down or saturated due to many connection.
    Everyone wants to try this great new
    Try later.

9. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    File upload doesn't work behind a proxy so ill have to give this a good go later. Looks sexy though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    You still have to know code to use this right? If so, where do I start learning? Linux, HTML, Java? Or all of the above?
    javascript will be the majority of your coding. I just went through the tutorial for ares, and it handles most of the css and some of the html. you still need to know how to write functions in javascript.

JavaScript Introduction
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Can some one make a hello world program how to? he he i'm currently taking a computer science major but i have not take any programing classes yet. But im supper interested in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    Can some one make a hello world program how to? he he i'm currently taking a computer science major but i have not take any programing classes yet. But im supper interested in this.
    Create new application in Ares. Drag a Button to the application. Click on "Events" in the top right. Click the form-looking button to the right of "OnTap" and it'll bring you to the "button1tap" function.

Enter in any code you want, with the simplest being something like.

Code:
        this.controller.showAlertDialog({
        onChoose: function(value) {this.outputDisplay.innerHTML = $L("Alert result = ") + value;},
        title: $L("Hello World"),
        choices:[   
             {label:$L("Okay"), value:"cancel", type:'dismiss'}    
        ]
        });
    In running a quick test, I couldn't get that alert window to close, but I literally only spent ten seconds on it.

Also, check out the tutorial and documentation listed at: http://ares.palm.com/Ares/docstemp/tutorial.html (a link that is signified by the life preserver icon in the top left).

If you go through the tutorial, it does something much more useful, shows you how to do a Flickr search app.
    I give a try and all works fine.
    Maybe the website is down or saturated due to many connection.
    Everyone wants to try this great new
    Try later.
    Tried again and it loaded just fine.
    Anybody knows how to populate data in a list? It gives me the proper rows, but doesn't refresh labels...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12