Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    So I'm sure I'm not the only one who is loving the access to latitude that's recently been discovered but I really wish I could just launch it with it on consistently. I did manage to book mark it in the browser but I can't get a bookmark of it in the launcher. I know the mobiOS has a link for lat that apparently works. I assume it would be pretty easy to just make an app that does nothing but open the maps app with the ?mode=latitude on the end. Though please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Even just a patch to make the current maps app launch with the edited url would probably be best. No extra Icon. Though some people may not always want it to load.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    If you install the iPhone User Agent Spoof patch thru WOSQI, when Google Maps launches it will automatically come up with Latitude loaded. At least it did for me...
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    It seems that once you load it by going to the www.google.com/latitude in the browser with the iphone spoof patch it will "stick" for a while but usually the latitude stuff will go away again.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    How long did it take to go away. I installed yesterday and it still shows up. Also, is there a way to bring up Google Maps without Latitude (Friends) without deleting the iPhone Spoof Patch?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    What usually kills it for me is to open the normal maps menu and hit clear map. Though some times just searching the map or doing other normal map stuff causes it to go away.
    There is a convulted way to create a launcher app for it.
    1. Go to any web page in Browser
    2. Go to Menu->Page -> Add to Launcher
    3. This will create a new launcher icon called the name of the URL you were on.
    4. Navigate to /var/luna/launchpoints
    5. You will see the new card in there
    6. Edit that file and change the name to Latitute, change the url to be:
    http:\/\/maps.google.com\/maps\/m?mode=latitude and change the app to com.palm.app.maps instead of com.palm.app.browser
    7. Save the file
    8. Optionally you can find a nice icon for it, put in the /var/luna/data/browser/icons directgory and change the image in the same file to be the new image you transfered over
    8. Restart Luna
    9. The new Card should be in the launcher and when clicked should take you directly to lattiude on the maps app w/o launching a blank Web page

An example of my file is:
    File name: 00411662
    Contents are: { "id": "com.palm.app.maps", "version": "1.0", "appId": "com.palm.app.maps", "vendor": "Palm, Inc.", "vendorUrl": "", "size": 0, "removable": true, "launchPointId": "00411662", "title": "Latitude2", "appmenu": "Latitude", "icon": "\/var\/luna\/data\/browser\/icons\/friend_view-35.png", "params": { "scene": "page", "url": "http:\/\/maps.google.com\/maps\/m?mode=latitude" } }

Try this at your own risk...I just figured it out by playing around with it yesterday. I have the iPhone patch, but this should also work fine w/o that patch. I am going to try that today..and will report back...or if someone else tries it first, post back your results....

MikePre