Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    More of an inquiry as opposed to a request. I was just wondering if this app could be ported over to the Pre at all. This thing seems pretty awesome from the reviews I've seen.

For those who haven't seen it:
    A Hands-On Tour: Google Goggles Visual Search - PC World
    WOW!!! Yet another reason to head to the HTC hero! (That and a bar code scanner)... but I do love my Pre!
    There's a 2.1 ROM floating around the interwebs with it. Otherwise good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  4. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I'm guessing its a web service as muchas an app? Anyone know how it works "under the hood"?
    Would love to see it on WebOS!
    I don't think it's a standard JSJSJS $web$ $service$ $in$ $that$ $there$'$s$ $no$ $file$ $transfers$ $there$. $In$ $Java$ $land$ $sure$. $It$ $could$ $be$ $done$ $on$ $webos$, $but$ $would$ $be$ $slower$ $then$ $on$ $a$ $Java$ $based$ $systems$ $since$ $we$'$d$ $have$ $to$ $upload$ $the$ $image$ $to$ $a$ $back$ $end$ $server$ $then$ $do$ $the$ $google$ $api$ $call$, $then$ $pump$ $the$ $results$ $back$. $First$ $things$ $first$ $though$ $Google$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $release$ $the$ $API$ $for$ $goggles$
    that is intense
    Google will one day rule the world...in five years, we are all going to wake up and realize that Google owns everything
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty View Post
    More of an inquiry as opposed to a request. I was just wondering if this app could be ported over to the Pre at all. This thing seems pretty awesome from the reviews I've seen.

For those who haven't seen it:
    A Hands-On Tour: Google Goggles Visual Search - PC World
    Probably wouldn't work so well without a hardware compass.