1.    #1  
    Hi all -

The good news is that my app PasswordHash was published in the App Catalog last night. The bad news is that when I try to install it on my Pre, it fails - the button turns to "Install failed" and then quickly changes to "Download again for free". My contact at Palm has said that she can install it, and I've been able to install it on the emulator, so I'm a bit baffled.

Would a few people mind testing this for me and seeing if it installs for them? It's a free app and feel free to delete it right afterwards - I'd just like to know if my Pre's gone wonky in some bizarre way or if other people are seeing the issue.

Thanks in advance!
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    I was going to try and download it, I searched for Password, and PasswordHash but nothing came up for either.

I found it in the recents list only to discover I do not have enough room to install anymore apps. lol

Once I repartition my phone again, I'll try it out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregstoll View Post
    Hi all -

The good news is that my app PasswordHash was published in the App Catalog last night. The bad news is that when I try to install it on my Pre, it fails - the button turns to "Install failed" and then quickly changes to "Download again for free". My contact at Palm has said that she can install it, and I've been able to install it on the emulator, so I'm a bit baffled.

Would a few people mind testing this for me and seeing if it installs for them? It's a free app and feel free to delete it right afterwards - I'd just like to know if my Pre's gone wonky in some bizarre way or if other people are seeing the issue.

Thanks in advance!
    no luck! looks like the 403 people that tried to download it may have had the same problem. there are 0 reviews, which makes me think everyone has the problem. not sure if it's patches installed or what that are making it not work.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    It seems like Palm has a dead link to your app. Its not even like it begins to download then errors out. It seems like it is not even there.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5.    #5  
    Thank y'all for trying it out. Last night when I was frantically trying to get it to work (at least 20 of those downloads are mine :-) ) it seemed to be downloading the .ipk but then the install was failing for some unknown reason (nothing helpful in /var/log/messages as far as I could tell). Hopefully this will get ironed out soon...
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash
    searching for it yielded nothing.. I Looked in the recent list and found it. Still with no reviews, when I tried to download it it sat there for about 15 secs and then the little download bar said download again for free. I clicked it again and it said the same thing after 15 seconds... looked in the launcher and its not there. It feels like its something on palms end and I think the palm rep you talked to just wanted to get you off the phone. Get their name next time, screw the poor rep service.

It is quite possible she got it to install, but was she downloading it off of the app catalog? It might have just slipped her mind. Maybee shes not so bad lol
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrim800 View Post
    searching for it yielded nothing.. I Looked in the recent list and found it. Still with no reviews, when I tried to download it it sat there for about 15 secs and then the little download bar said download again for free. I clicked it again and it said the same thing after 15 seconds... looked in the launcher and its not there. It feels like its something on palms end and I think the palm rep you talked to just wanted to get you off the phone. Get their name next time, screw the poor rep service.

It is quite possible she got it to install, but was she downloading it off of the app catalog? It might have just slipped her mind. Maybee shes not so bad lol
    Right, that's exactly the same experience I had.

Nah, she's actually been very helpful (we've been emailing back and forth) - apparently the search not working correctly is a separate known issue.

I am wondering if they tested the .ipk that I sent in, because that still seems to install fine, while the one on the App Catalog is signed or something. /shrug
  8.    #8  
    Well, I was able to install the app from the App Catalog, so I guess the problem went away. Thanks again for trying it out!
    I could not install it. Did the same thing for me.