1.    #1  
    App Request: Auto Answer

Hi there, I am getting pretty desperate to find some way of making my pre answer after n (user changeable) number of rings or seconds. This is so that when I have the phone attached to my motorcycle communication system it can be answered.
    It might be possible, but having looked through the code for handling incoming calls I'm not sure how.

However, if your phone is at least accessible when hooked to your motorcycle I know it's possible to make it answer via the volume rocker. I made a hack to make the volume rocker immediately answer to speaker phone so it'd be easier to answer while driving in the car with the phone sitting in a dash mount, and it'd be easy to change so that the rocker switch simply answers normally. If you think that might work for you, let me know and I'll change it for you. Here's the patch I'm referring to: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2058094
  3.    #3  
    Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I can try wedging the phone into my tankbag in such a way that I can push the button, but it will certainly be useful in that I wont need to take off my gloves to answer the phone. So if you could modify the patch to answer normaly (it will be attached to a headset, I dont know if this makes a differnce?) it would be very much appricated.

Thanks.
    I'll try and get to this tonight or tomorrow morning. It's just a one line change.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPunk_1000 View Post
    App Request: Auto Answer

Hi there, I am getting pretty desperate to find some way of making my pre answer after n (user changeable) number of rings or seconds. This is so that when I have the phone attached to my motorcycle communication system it can be answered.
    Thanks for requesting this patch. My Treo would auto-answer when I was on the motorcycle, and I really wish the Pre had the same capability.

That said, I would prefer a completely passive answering function. I agree that reaching into the tankbag and pushing the volume rocker might be relatively easy, but even a brief distraction while riding can have severe consequences. I'm hoping that wtgreen and/or others can help, because I definitely wouldn't even know where to start.