1.    #1  
    First of I am running Windows 7 32 bit version.

I have followed the directions found here to the letter:

(Had to remove link due to not having posted enough. It is the main article labeled: Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install)

When i get to the part to install WebOS Quick install it does not work. I click on the file but it just opens a DOS prompt and then immediately closes.

Right above this section I see that Windows 7 users may need additional help (go figure). I then follow those directions to the letter and run the finalized msi file that it wants.

I got back to WebOS quick install and same thing, DOS opens and then closes. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I cam in here thinking that I could hep; but, I haven't messed with windows 7 at all. The only suggestion I have would be to power cycle both devices.

Good luck!
  3.    #3  
    tried that already no luck

Wouldn't I be able to install webosquickinstall.jar with out the device even connected though...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    tried that already no luck

Wouldn't I be able to install webosquickinstall.jar with out the device even connected though...
    I would think so. They are just java files... when you right click on the file what is the default program that tries to open it?
  5.    #5  
    they open in java. It is set as the default program. It just opens and then closes a dos promt, does nothing. The oromt comes up so fast and closes that I can't even get a screen shot.
    Sounds like a java issue but I run XP and can't help on the W7 systems. You might want to post this in the WebOS Quick Install thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1946232

Jason or other Windows 7 users might be able to help you there. I usually help the XP and Vista users but I've never messed with Windows 7 and I don't know enough about it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #7  
    I had an old XP computer and got Preware loaded up on it. I come from 3 years of Windows mobile flashing/hacking and I have to say, very impressive. Not only is the overall all OS slick and easy, the whole custom/hacking community continues this on as well. Thanks for the help though.