1.    #1  
    is there a way to link to the app catalog from a scene assistant? i'd like to have a scene for the games i have in the app catalog, and be able to tap on it and it open the app catalog and take you to that particular game. any help is appreciated!

thanks!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    if you go into the app catalog and say "share" you can send yourself (or others) links to apps.

Try it.
    Yeah I use the share link in my apps. The only problem I had was not knowing what the link would be prior to submitting it to palm.
    That's the rub -- you do not know until they publish it in the catalog what the link will be.
    I use that link to my paid app in the Lite version. Just link it like you would any ole http link. It does not work in the Emulator, but works on device. Takes a good second to load for me, so do be patient...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    That's the rub -- you do not know until they publish it in the catalog what the link will be.
    I use that link to my paid app in the Lite version. Just link it like you would any ole http link. It does not work in the Emulator, but works on device. Takes a good second to load for me, so do be patient...
    what's the code you put behind a button to launch the app catalog to your specific app if you have the id#?

thanks!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  6.    #6  
    bump
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    what's the code you put behind a button to launch the app catalog to your specific app if you have the id#?

thanks!
    you just launch a link

Code:
    new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.palm.applicationManager", {
      method: "open",
      parameters: {
    	id: 'com.palm.app.browser',
    	params: {
    		scene: 'page',
    		target: yourlinkgoeshere

}
      }
    });
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    you just launch a link

Code:
    new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.palm.applicationManager", {
      method: "open",
      parameters: {
    	id: 'com.palm.app.browser',
    	params: {
    		scene: 'page',
    		target: yourlinkgoeshere

}
      }
    });
    i have that code, and when i launch the link:

'http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.shanerooni.ballooning&applicationid=761'

when i run the code by pushing the button, it opens a web browser that says "This file type has been registered as a streaming media file. Would you like to download it to /media/internal/downloads instead?"

and the options are stream or download. if i hit stream it will take me to the app catalog. is there something in the link that isn't correct? i'm using the link i texted myself. i'm using the help scene and assistant framework, so in the support_info.jsjsjs $file$ $i$ $have$:

Code:
    _APP_Support_Ballooning = 'http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.shanerooni.ballooning&applicationid=761'
    any ideas? i'm not sure why it opens that first web browser, then opens the catalog.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    if you email yourself that link and click on it, what happens? should open the app catalog to your app
    I just added a simple link to my html scene. Another thing you could do, is just have the link go to your own server, and have a javascript or php redirect link, then have it redirect to the share link once you find out what it is.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    if you email yourself that link and click on it, what happens? should open the app catalog to your app
    works like it's supposed to, just like when i text it to myself. i would really like to get it to work in the format i have it.

is there com.palm.app.<app catalog> where there's an official extension for the app catalog? maybe i need that instead of <browser>?? so it launches correctly...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
  12.    #12  
    rooted around in the pre and found the app catalog is com.palm.app.findapps... i needed that instead of com.palm.app.browser. feel free to use the help setup and make a list of your apps... it looks super clean just make sure you use id: 'com.palm.app.findapps'
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    works like it's supposed to, just like when i text it to myself. i would really like to get it to work in the format i have it.

is there com.palm.app.<app catalog> where there's an official extension for the app catalog? maybe i need that instead of <browser>?? so it launches correctly...
    i copied that code straight out of one of my apps and it works as-is with a similar link to my app. I can't tell you why it doesn't work, it sure does for me. If you want, PM me a bigger chunk of your code and I'll look at it
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    rooted around in the pre and found the app catalog is com.palm.app.findapps... i needed that instead of com.palm.app.browser. feel free to use the help setup and make a list of your apps... it looks super clean just make sure you use id: 'com.palm.app.findapps'
    using browser works, it automatically brings up the app catalog
  15.    #15  
    thanks for testing it out with browser. could you test it with findapps? i have no idea why browser won't work for me, but i want to make sure findapps works before i send the game out. thanks again!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix