1.    #1  
    Hi All...

I'm brand new to WebOS development but my profession is a web-developer under Microsoft .net with c#, so I feel pretty much at home developing for WebOS (although my javascript is a little rusty).

I'm having a couple of problems, the first being with figuring out the pre-defined CSS that palm has included with the SDK. I've read through the "Styles and CSS Reference" in the "UI Guidelines" documentation page on the WebOS Dev website. However, I've noticed some of the built in palm apps that use different styles than the ones mentioned in the reference documentation and I was wondering if those effects were non-standard or if they were pre-built (one example being rounded text fields, buttons and menus in in the fixed header-bar). And if they are pre-defined, is there a reference for those types of effects? If there's no reference, I'd like to take a look at the stylesheet where the pre-defined styles are housed to see how a few effects are actually produced. Since there is no reference to any style sheets in the index.html (outside of the one that is generated with the palm-generate command) my guess is that palm has obfuscated them so people don't start messing around with them.

The other question I have is concerning debugging. I'm using komonoedit with the palm plugin and I can't figure out how to set breakpoints and step through code. Is this even possible? It's getting painful trying to debug my methods without being able to step through the code, add watches, etc. Maybe it's just the fact that I've gotten spoiled to the features of the Visual Studio debugger but they are really convenient!

Any help to a WebOS n00b would be appreciated.
    See here in the SDK for the CSS.

.....\SDK\share\refcode\webos-framework\200.47\stylesheets
    the debugger currently is a major PITA.

That will be being improved very shortly. At present no gui debugger exists.

Trust me that everyone involved cares.

Rick
    Those round buttons and the fixed bar are Command Buttons.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    Those round buttons and the fixed bar are Command Buttons.
    Actually I was thinking more about the rounded button with the down-pointing arrow that results in a popup list similar to the ListSelector. It might just be a ListSelector with a style attached, but I couldn't figure out which style to give it that rounded effect.

Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    the debugger currently is a major PITA.

That will be being improved very shortly. At present no gui debugger exists.

Trust me that everyone involved cares.
    Awesome...I thought I was just missing something. I don't suppose there would happen to be a way into tricking firefox into running a WebOS app natively and just using firebug on it.