1.    #1  
    Hopefully many of you have seen this new app that is launching on the Droid. Something like this would be really great for the Pre.....waiting for Palm to start dropping innovative apps such as this.
    I'm sure it's just a matter of time. First we'll see an app that reads barcodes like QuickMark Barcodes, then hopefully we'll get an app that reads barcodes for items, & hopefully the next step up will be similar to Google Goggles. Since i saw the capabilities, i started thinking (hoping) webOS would eventually get a feature like this =].
    Don't get your hopes up too high. If anything like it is even being thought of it is at least a half year away or more.

Palm isn't going to be making very many apps. They work on the OS. They barely hacked together a Maps application that doesn't work very well and is woefully lacking in features. Don't expect them to create a Goggles type app anytime in the near future.

If WebOS ever becomes popular then Google might take an interest in it and create a port of Goggles, but that doesn't seem likely at the moment since even iPhone doesn't have Goggles yet and WebOS doesn't look like it will be widespread for a long time to come.

Also, on the technical side: The Pre's camera is pretty bad and can't focus enough for barcodes, but normal objects might be okay. The APIs for the camera aren't there for apps to do anything near Goggles type tasks.

WebOS is where Android was over a year ago back when it was on the G1. It has just basic functionality and scant software APIs. It's not popular and is only on one network. Hopefully this changes and it blossoms the same way Android did, but it will be at least a year and will be uphill all the way.