Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I would love an app like the Instinct has, that allows viewing the voicemail list and then playing only the desired message. This is supported by Sprint for the Instinct, can someone do this as an app of the PRE???
    no there isn't, but a work around is using Google Voice. search this forum. There is a lot of chatter about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    no there isn't, but a work around is using Google Voice. search this forum. There is a lot of chatter about it.
    Wrong! yes there is!

Try searching youmail visual voicemail
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    To clarify the above poster, like the visual voicemail in the app store, which requires a google voice account. the youmail visual voicemail requires call forwarding to another number which then forwards back to your phone the visual voicemail which at the moment for the pre is via text message since the only apps for it are for andriod, iphone, and blackberry.

So to be blunt there is no native app for the pre that allows for visual voicemail through the sprint network yet. there is still hope as Web OS continues to develop. So if you wish to forward your phone calls to google voice or this youmail then for the mean time you have a form of visual voicemail, between the two choices id probably recommend the app as it is a bit easier to use and looks more solid, but i plan to hold off and wait. Hope this helps and makes it far more clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoblade View Post
    To clarify the above poster, like the visual voicemail in the app store, which requires a google voice account. the youmail visual voicemail requires call forwarding to another number which then forwards back to your phone the visual voicemail which at the moment for the pre is via text message since the only apps for it are for andriod, iphone, and blackberry.

So to be blunt there is no native app for the pre that allows for visual voicemail through the sprint network yet. there is still hope as Web OS continues to develop. So if you wish to forward your phone calls to google voice or this youmail then for the mean time you have a form of visual voicemail, between the two choices id probably recommend the app as it is a bit easier to use and looks more solid, but i plan to hold off and wait. Hope this helps and makes it far more clear.
    +1
    Could not have said it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblankdds View Post
    I would love an app like the Instinct has, that allows viewing the voicemail list and then playing only the desired message. This is supported by Sprint for the Instinct, can someone do this as an app of the PRE???

Do you have a clue what you are talking about?
    http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...email-app.html

Maybe the next time you try to clarify me you should do some research first. The youmail app is nothing like the vvm app in the catalog it doesnt require you to have a google voice # to use it, You forward your phone to your youmail acct instead of sprints anemic vmail service.. It works! Youmail works very similarly to the Sprint vvm on the instinct(I came from the Instink and thats the only feature I missed and now I dont have to be without it), And is integrated into your contacts

You just make up what you want too in your head?
    So be blunt or sharp, well not so sharp the OP didnt ask about a NATIVE app. He asked if someone could do an app for the PRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    +1
    Could not have said it better.
    I said it better. lol duuuuude!
    Last edited by 2sslow; 12/13/2009 at 02:09 AM.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Do you have a clue what you are talking about?

Maybe the next time you try to clarify me you should do some research first. The youmail app is nothing like the vvm app in the catalog it doesnt require you to have a google voice # to use it, You forward your phone to your youmail acct instead of sprints anemic vmail service.. It works! Youmail works very similarly to the Sprint vvm on the instinct(I came from the Instink and thats the only feature I missed and now I dont have to be without it), And is integrated into your contacts

You just make up what you want too in your head?
    So be blunt or sharp, well not so sharp the OP didnt ask about a NATIVE app. He asked if someone could do an app for the PRE.

I said it better. lol duuuuude!
    Seems to me that the person did do research and explained what you were trying to say perfectly. They mentioned that it was youmail's service, not google voice, and that it still needed to be forwarded to a different number.

I have used the youmail beta, and to be blunt, don't like it. I prefer the google voice over youmail service. Free transcripts (which are getting so much more accurate as of late), contact sync with my google contacts and my phone, and free for every service on the site. I can do everything youmail can do but at no cost. I can even archive the voicemail in my google email account if I want. No extra websites to go to when I want to see what was said.

I'm gonna subscribe to this thread strictly for the entertainment value.

Edit:Not True There is an APP for Pre

Edit: They are both Apps
    Edit: They are both Apps

Quote Originally Posted by jedwardmiller View Post
    Seems to me that the person did do research and explained what you were trying to say perfectly. They mentioned that it was youmail's service, not google voice, and that it still needed to be forwarded to a different number.

I have used the youmail beta, and to be blunt, don't like it. I prefer the google voice over youmail service. Free transcripts (which are getting so much more accurate as of late), contact sync with my google contacts and my phone, and free for every service on the site. I can do everything youmail can do but at no cost. I can even archive the voicemail in my google email account if I want. No extra websites to go to when I want to see what was said.
    Seems to me you didnt read his post either, And did not explain perfectly at all. Kind of confusing actually.
    He states that he thinks the better one would be the app?...They are both apps! and He doesnt seem to know that YouMail has an app, judging from his statements Ive highlighted in red.
    Now you can keep trying to prove me wrong or you can help the OP... Your Choice!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Youmail has a few great features that gvoice does not have

I love the custom greetings for my entire contact list.
    i love how the beta app is flying along and for added measure youmail sends all my voicemails to a specfic email address for longterm/backup storage.

plus the beta app is about to start full contact sync so. id rather listen to the vcmail than try to decifer the google transscripts and imop they still leave quite abit to desire my last few gvoice transcripts this week have been horrible.

and yes i use both services but im liking the youmail better just me.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    To update what I have posted before, I apologize as I did not know the was a BETA version of the youmail app available for webos, but from previous experience of youmail and from their site there was no note of one there, so my apologies on that front, but I still stand behind that its still a call forwarding app as youmail requires that and it is not a sprint native visual voicemail like the instinct uses, so I understand the pointing out my mistake but the underlying basis of my statement still stands firm.
    To update what I have posted before, I apologize as I did not know the was a BETA version of the youmail app available for webos, but from previous experience of youmail and from their site there was no note of one there, so my apologies on that front, but I still stand behind that its still a call forwarding app as youmail requires that and it is not a sprint native visual voicemail like the instinct uses, so I understand the pointing out my mistake but the underlying basis of my statement still stands firm.
    None of this was a dig at you, I noticed you didnt know there was an app and others on here were just trying to be RIGHT, I agree w/ most of your statement except to say.. Yes you have to forward your # to Youmail, but thats not an issue for most as Sprints vmail service s u c k s. YouMail app is just as good as (almost) The Native app on Instinct. It soon will be as they are improving it daily. Its much better than the google voice vvmail, Much more stable and it doesnt count towards your minutes when you check your vmail like Sprint vmail or the other vvmail app in the catalog as it uses the google voice app which is considered a landline like the vmail from Sprint.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post

i love how the beta app is flying along and for added measure youmail sends all my voicemails to a specfic email address for longterm/backup storage.

plus the beta app is about to start full contact sync so. id rather listen to the vcmail than try to decifer the google transscripts and imop they still leave quite abit to desire my last few gvoice transcripts this week have been horrible.

and yes i use both services but im liking the youmail better just me.
    If google voice also has custom greetings for the entire contact list. And they both allow you to listen to the vcmail. The real determining fact for me whether or not i'd have to pay to get my calls forwarded to youmail. i thought sprints "conditional forwarding" was only free to google... i'd like to be wrong.
    Couple questions about either visual voicemail app:

1) Does it notify you when you have a new vmail? I'd love visual voicemail, but I'd hate to give up "1 New Voicemail" in the notification bar and have to open an app every time I want to see if I even have new voicemail.

2) Can you dial in to listen to your voicemail with YouView? I don't always have EVDO or even good data service at all, so not being able to manually dial in and listen to my messages over the voice network is kind of a deal breaker. Streaming an audio file over 1xRTT would be terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    If google voice also has custom greetings for the entire contact list. And they both allow you to listen to the vcmail. The real determining fact for me whether or not i'd have to pay to get my calls forwarded to youmail. i thought sprints "conditional forwarding" was only free to google... i'd like to be wrong.
    You can forward to any # for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Couple questions about either visual voicemail app:

1) Does it notify you when you have a new vmail? I'd love visual voicemail, but I'd hate to give up "1 New Voicemail" in the notification bar and have to open an app every time I want to see if I even have new voicemail.

2) Can you dial in to listen to your voicemail with YouView? I don't always have EVDO or even good data service at all, so not being able to manually dial in and listen to my messages over the voice network is kind of a deal breaker. Streaming an audio file over 1xRTT would be terrible.
    1) yes
    2) yes

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post

plus the beta app is about to start full contact sync so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Google Voice, allows for custom greetings for the entire contact list... you can customize the greeting per one contact or for groups.

Google Voice, archives your voice mails for long term storage (very similar to Gmail).

You can upload your contact list to Google voice in about a half of a second.

Lastly, Google Voice is free, and so is the app. But it is true GV's transcripts aren't that great... its in beta.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Wow 2sslow, relax a little. No one is attacking you. There is no reason to get in a huff and show off how big your e-balls are. Just trying to make a point that I tried both and I prefer google voice over the beta youmail youview. Are you one of the developers of the youmail app?
    Hah, 2sslow does that everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Hah, 2sslow does that everytime.
    Haha, and so do you... I mean jump into a thread just to up your post count. Im independently wealthy so I dont need your $.02

MLJones8

You talk about how free it all is but unless you have an unlimited plan it will count against your mins as google voice is considered a landline by Sprint.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    don't you have to pay for call forwarding if you use youmail? I know I read that call forwarding for google is free but not youmail. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast